Best hotel booking app?

Booking of accommodation via

  • Agoda

    Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Trip.com

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Hotel.com

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Booking.com

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Hotelscombine

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    28

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
I go to Agoda first but I ensure I cross check against other sites and compare the different ways of getting a good price at Agoda.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
anyone facing slowness with agoda?

booking a few hotel and their email confirmation takes a long time, system also didnt register the booking, app and website also very slow..

and worst thing is, they cancelled one of my booking without my initiation.. also unable to initiate a chat with their customer service..(getting into endless loops of same option in their chatbot)

what is happening to Agoda?
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
Want to share my recent experience of my travel

I have always been a loyal customer of agoda, their prices are more or less one of the best. My estimate? 7/10

what they do well? Simple easy interface, never had any problems with host at checkin.

there was 1 occasion that this particular seedy hotel upon checkin told me that I would be given 2 different room on 2 different nights. never had such arrangement before I asked why. apprently the room I book has some toilet issues and is not ready. worse, they pretended nothing has happen when in fact the replacement room is an inferior room to the one I had book(external toilet). I don’t want to argue with hotel as you can see the door man dont give a F face

contacted agoda and within few hours agoda offered me a compensation in agodacash. Fortunately I still have some accommodation to book so I agreed. within next few minutes. It was credited to my account.


what they don’t so so well? i did a quick and dirty search for accommodations via google maps around the area I want to stay. now google also provides you an aggregate of all the different hotel booking sites, they even show rates from the official website itself. there was 1 particular occasion that the official site is 40-50% cheaper compared to agoda. If I had booked blindly it would have end up paying close to double!

to agoda defence, the rest of the booking sites are showing similar rates to agoda, so in that sense they are comparable
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
anyone facing slowness with agoda?

booking a few hotel and their email confirmation takes a long time, system also didnt register the booking, app and website also very slow..

and worst thing is, they cancelled one of my booking without my initiation.. also unable to initiate a chat with their customer service..(getting into endless loops of same option in their chatbot)

what is happening to Agoda?
Yes I had the same issue with the customer service chat option. Suspect it’s a app issue

try the web it’s fine there
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
Hotels.com, prefer to see total cost of stay rather than per night basis (agoda). So far haven't really find much price discrepancy between. With the hotel reward, price is effectively about 8% lower.
I think this one is user issue

there is an option to select if you want per night or total cost

in using total cost as well on agoda
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
I did some research and seems like on other forum there are a lot of complains on agoda “price freeze” function. Anyone have any experience ?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
just got email from agoda..


--
​
​
​
Dear Valued Customer,

Due to a technical error, you may have received an erroneous cancellation email from us that you did not expect. Please disregard the email and check the latest status and details of your booking(s) in “Bookings” or “My Trips” section on our website or app. https://www.agoda.com/info/contact_agoda.html
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Agoda
 

hkchew03

Master Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2010
Messages
2,588
Reaction score
553
I think this one is user issue

there is an option to select if you want per night or total cost

in using total cost as well on agoda
Definitely not user issue, if u did a Google search, I'm not the only one facing it. But seems like they changed it recently.
 

swordspirit

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 29, 2007
Messages
6,059
Reaction score
173
Want to share my recent experience of my travel

I have always been a loyal customer of agoda, their prices are more or less one of the best. My estimate? 7/10

what they do well? Simple easy interface, never had any problems with host at checkin.

there was 1 occasion that this particular seedy hotel upon checkin told me that I would be given 2 different room on 2 different nights. never had such arrangement before I asked why. apprently the room I book has some toilet issues and is not ready. worse, they pretended nothing has happen when in fact the replacement room is an inferior room to the one I had book(external toilet). I don’t want to argue with hotel as you can see the door man dont give a F face

contacted agoda and within few hours agoda offered me a compensation in agodacash. Fortunately I still have some accommodation to book so I agreed. within next few minutes. It was credited to my account.


what they don’t so so well? i did a quick and dirty search for accommodations via google maps around the area I want to stay. now google also provides you an aggregate of all the different hotel booking sites, they even show rates from the official website itself. there was 1 particular occasion that the official site is 40-50% cheaper compared to agoda. If I had booked blindly it would have end up paying close to double!

to agoda defence, the rest of the booking sites are showing similar rates to agoda, so in that sense they are comparable
while rare, there are times that official website has significant lower price than those available on OTAs.
 

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
23,527
Reaction score
13,172
while rare, there are times that official website has significant lower price than those available on OTAs.
More surprisingly the opposite is also true

makes no sense

sometimes I want to extend and ask at front desk , they quote me higher then app
 

Joelleyuan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2005
Messages
10,261
Reaction score
3,795
Anyone using expedia recently??
are they still good?
Am trying to book a trip (flight + hotel) to Bangkok and prices seem slightly cheaper than other apps.
Ever since covid, haven't been using expedia for years.
Before covid i used it a few times, all were good.
Pls share your experiences and opinions.
Thanks in advance. 😉
 

belgarathc

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,737
Reaction score
174
I always book flights from airlines directly in case of rescheduling and cancellation. For hotels, I am mostly using hotels.com app these days. In my experience, it is often cheaper than using cashback or discount links from partners where the prices are marked up considerably. Recently I discovered that Hilton hotels seem to be cheaper if you book direct as their member.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top