Using an old Biostar A780L3G for the past 5 years. This board is for my AMD Athlon II 640 CPU.
A780L3G :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR
Was thinking of upgrading my GPU which is a HD6870 but am not sure if the newer cards can even boot on my MOBO.
The BIOS on Biostar website don't seem to get update past 2011 for this board. So I'm pretty sure my board is quite a derelict.
Question to any users of this board, what is the best GPU upgrade this board can support? I was thinking about the newer GTX760 or R9280x but I think this board BIOS may be it's undoing.
Any advice would be great.
A780L3G :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR
Was thinking of upgrading my GPU which is a HD6870 but am not sure if the newer cards can even boot on my MOBO.
The BIOS on Biostar website don't seem to get update past 2011 for this board. So I'm pretty sure my board is quite a derelict.
Question to any users of this board, what is the best GPU upgrade this board can support? I was thinking about the newer GTX760 or R9280x but I think this board BIOS may be it's undoing.
Any advice would be great.

