China made Gaming laptop

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,970
Reaction score
1,261
a lot of branded gtx1060 laptops around 1-1.1k USD. acer helios, y530, omen 15, G3/G5/G7.

i rather import branded from US
True. But warranty is going to be a big big issue.. Shipping is going to cost a bomb.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,533
Reaction score
2,867
Just purchased my budget gaming laptop ASUS TUF FX505DT, AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, Nvidia GTX 1650, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD and 120Hz 15.6" Screen comes at US$649.99. Total US$719.20 with import fees and duties. This is equivalent to SGD 1,050/- approx. Can't get same specs with this price in SG.

That's a good buy.
 

Rock-kun

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2007
Messages
991
Reaction score
1
I have a Chinese laptop with 4K display powered by Intel's most powerful Atom Soc (an Apollo Lake x7-E3950) that have been in use for 9 months and this thing zips by for all daily tasks. Ships with 8GB soldered memory and two M.2 SSD bays which I am currently using in RAID1. Got it at about US$500.

Keyboard and trackpad is awesome, and the all-metal body is of good build quality. Keyboard is also backlit.

Running on my own Linux From Scratch built over a Debian 10 base.

At this price for the screen, metal chassis and amazing keyboard, I don't care one bit about warranty. If it croaks, I'll just get an identical unit and switch the SSDs over.

Warranty is overrated nowadays.
 
Last edited:

Palary

Master Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
3,624
Reaction score
322
Hey saw the damai t526 in Lazada, how's the spec? Good?

Sent from HUAWEI LIO-L29 using GAGT
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I have a Chinese laptop with 4K display powered by Intel's most powerful Atom Soc (an Apollo Lake x7-E3950) that have been in use for 9 months and this thing zips by for all daily tasks. Ships with 8GB soldered memory and two M.2 SSD bays which I am currently using in RAID1. Got it at about US$500.

Keyboard and trackpad is awesome, and the all-metal body is of good build quality. Keyboard is also backlit.

Running on my own Linux From Scratch built over a Debian 10 base.

At this price for the screen, metal chassis and amazing keyboard, I don't care one bit about warranty. If it croaks, I'll just get an identical unit and switch the SSDs over.

Warranty is overrated nowadays.

I don't deny warranty is somewhat overrated. But I feel the fact that the Chinese manufacturers are trying to make electronic devices like they are disposable with the cheap price is quite concerning. As it stands, there are a lot of electronic waste nowadays. Unlike in the past, we try to ensure the device lasts as long as possible, but now because it is so cheap (and cheaply produced), its changed people's mindset.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top