Clear CMOS button?

flyerfox

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
879
Reaction score
1
Hey guys I got an MSI B85 G43 Gaming mobo. I'm wondering where is this clear CMOS button? When do I need to clear CMOS?

Thanks in advance!
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,730
Reaction score
1,554
There is a 2 ways to do it.

1 is while power down remove the battery.

2. Consult your manual. There is 2 pins sticking out. Use a pen and short the 2 pin together while on powered.
 

Lehnsherr

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2001
Messages
5,312
Reaction score
49
Hey guys I got an MSI B85 G43 Gaming mobo. I'm wondering where is this clear CMOS button? When do I need to clear CMOS?

Thanks in advance!

Looking at MSI's manual the board only has the old school clear CMOS jumper. Its located at the bottom right near the SATA connectors. JBAT1

Clear when only computer is powered down.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top