Yes cruise have their own wifi but its public wifi and i would suggest you not to use public wifis because it's not safe and secure when it comes to online security.
LOL. Wifi comes with a few encryption methods, or just open. Technically, if the Wifi is open, anyone can simply gather the packets and re-construct what you are doing. If you want to go up the chain, the owner of router (public or private) can also find what you are doing. Similarly, your ISP can also track what you are doing.
I'd suggest if you are so paranoid with online security, please do everything offline. Disconnect all your PC from the internet.
Ok, so assuming you can trust the router owner, and your ISP. For open Wifi connection (those you can connect without password at first), one should exercise some precaution when using them. I'm not sure if HTTPS is safe through open wifi.
yes... but it's pretty expensive.... that's what I heard....that's why I rather subscribe to data roaming if possible.....
Problem with roaming, is if they offer cell network at all. Assuming you are very far from land to get land-based cell network, then it will be have to be from special providers on board. I'm not well versed with cruise, but like for airplanes, some offer wifi only, others have wifi plus cell network. You'd have to check on what is available before you can decide.