Dell comparisons

endlssorrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
11,083
Reaction score
849
U answered. Coz I check the dell website and saw this g5 which is $200 more but spec like almost the same
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
U answered. Coz I check the dell website and saw this g5 which is $200 more but spec like almost the same

Specs is almost the same but the build, cooling as well as weight
are different.
If you can stretch abit more go for G5 instead but it is rather heavy.
 

endlssorrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
11,083
Reaction score
849
U answered. Coz I check the dell website and saw this g5 which is $200 more but spec like almost the same

But that g5 not using rtx graphic card

Here the link

https://www.dell.com/en-sg/shop/gaming-and-games/new-g5-15-gaming-laptop-5590/spd/g-series-15-5590-laptop/w5160151621bsgw10
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
If you are looking at budget gaming laptop, unlikely to get one
with Geforce RTX under $1.4k.
Geforce RTX is rather new and laptop with such chip cost above $2k.
Geforce 1050 series successor is Geforce 1650 series so depend
on your budget.

If you can stretch your budget than go for G5 with Geforce 1650
else Geforce 1050 will do fine.
Geforce RTX 2060 and above are out of your budget.
 

endlssorrow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
11,083
Reaction score
849
The graphic card I know the diff
But that g3 above and the last g5 which I found from the dell website I can’t digure out their main difference lei
If you are looking at budget gaming laptop, unlikely to get one
with Geforce RTX under $1.4k.
Geforce RTX is rather new and laptop with such chip cost above $2k.
Geforce 1050 series successor is Geforce 1650 series so depend
on your budget.

If you can stretch your budget than go for G5 with Geforce 1650
else Geforce 1050 will do fine.
Geforce RTX 2060 and above are out of your budget.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,456
Reaction score
6,007
The graphic card I know the diff
But that g3 above and the last g5 which I found from the dell website I can’t digure out their main difference lei


Despite both have similar specs, as shared the cooling, build
and weight are different.
I suggest you visit Dell showroom at Funan/Plaza Singapura
or Challenger.
Have a feel than you know the difference.
 

GeekyGecko1

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
If you are looking at budget gaming laptop, unlikely to get one
with Geforce RTX under $1.4k.
Geforce RTX is rather new and laptop with such chip cost above $2k.
Geforce 1050 series successor is Geforce 1650 series so depend
on your budget.

If you can stretch your budget than go for G5 with Geforce 1650
else Geforce 1050 will do fine.
Geforce RTX 2060 and above are out of your budget.

Bought an xps laptopfrom the Dell Official Refurbished Outlet SG some time ago. Its still working really well. You can check out their G series on their website that comes with their premium warranty I think. Gotta ask what it includes. Here's the link at the bottom for it for their G7 for SGD 1329. Hope it helps :)

Insprion G7 15 - 7588 Laptop SGD 1329
Tech Specs
PROCESSOR: Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8750H Processor (6 Cores, up to 4.10GHz, 9MB Cache, 45W)
SOFTWARE: Windows 10 Home
128GB M.2 SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive + 1TB SATA 512e 2.5inch Hard Disk Driv Hard Drive
8GB (1X8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 Non-ECC MEMORY
15.6inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display LCD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5 GRAPHICS
Dell OutletInsprion G7 15 - 7588 Laptop

https://www.dell.com/en-sg/outlet/ProductDescription?cfID=C9E07D40088FBEBDD36BA0596D57BFFA&invID=69052&cyid=3&pid=3&c=sg&l=en&rid=APAC&prdid=&seg=DFH
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top