Dolce Gusto online store - warning!

jace88

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
0
What if the expiry date is the same? :s13::s13::s13:

On the topic of capsules, have you tried cafe au lait? IMO it sucks!

LOL they actually quoted me the expiry dates in the email to confirm. Fingers crossed. Will wait and see if they deliver. And if I'm not at my office when they arrive, I've even given them my secretary's details so no excuse (last thing I want is for them to say I wasn't there and have to pay for delivery attempts or to visit their warehouse to pick up myself).

And yes I have tried the cafe au lait- not a huge fan but I liked it more than say the Fredo cappuccino. My favourite coffee-based drink though is probably the iced cappuccino one. It's really the other variety of drinks which are good though (e.g. green tea latte, tea latte, milo, etc).

That being said I'd avoid the peach tea. Found it way too sweet and a bit of a waste.
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
LOL they actually quoted me the expiry dates in the email to confirm. Fingers crossed. Will wait and see if they deliver. And if I'm not at my office when they arrive, I've even given them my secretary's details so no excuse (last thing I want is for them to say I wasn't there and have to pay for delivery attempts or to visit their warehouse to pick up myself).

And yes I have tried the cafe au lait- not a huge fan but I liked it more than say the Fredo cappuccino. My favourite coffee-based drink though is probably the iced cappuccino one. It's really the other variety of drinks which are good though (e.g. green tea latte, tea latte, milo, etc).

That being said I'd avoid the peach tea. Found it way too sweet and a bit of a waste.
Judging from your previous experience I'd cross my toes as well if I were you. :s13:

Have not tried fredo capp. I prefer latte machiatto and chococino. Chai tea latte is nice but I don't see it any more at shops. Suspect they purposely make it online store item only. Tea latte tastes weird for some reason. Green tea latte has a "seaweed" smell.

I find Peach tea and milo a waste of money as I can buy 2 in 1 sachets in big packs for less.
 

jace88

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
0
Short update - they sent me six new boxes of my choosing with long expiry dates. They manually checked and email me beforehand to ensure I was fine with boxes expiring at the end of this year.

I'm happy that it was re mediated but seriously I wonder how much time and effort was wasted by both sides to get here. Surely the cost of those pods is negligible relatively speaking.
 

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
Short update - they sent me six new boxes of my choosing with long expiry dates. They manually checked and email me beforehand to ensure I was fine with boxes expiring at the end of this year.

I'm happy that it was re mediated but seriously I wonder how much time and effort was wasted by both sides to get here. Surely the cost of those pods is negligible relatively speaking.
End of this year is long? I bought a box recently and seem to recall expiry was in 2016. :s13:
 

runhappy

Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2013
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing. This makes me very cautious about the expiry dates. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your story.
 

runhappy

Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2013
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Coffee only?

Judging from your previous experience I'd cross my toes as well if I were you. :s13:

Have not tried fredo capp. I prefer latte machiatto and chococino. Chai tea latte is nice but I don't see it any more at shops. Suspect they purposely make it online store item only. Tea latte tastes weird for some reason. Green tea latte has a "seaweed" smell.

I find Peach tea and milo a waste of money as I can buy 2 in 1 sachets in big packs for less.

Yea. Agreed. I just want to buy the flavour and not the milk. Does anyone know if anyone sells the coffee only and you can add in fresh milk later?

As it'll work out cheaper that way.

Standard 16 pods per box - 8 coffee, 8 milk. If all 16 pods are the coffee (and not 8 milk pods) then it would be cheaper and taste better (with the fresh milk).

$11.90 sgd / 16 pods =
0.74375 each pod. With each pod being nice coffee.

Rather than
1.4875 sgd for one cup (using two pods = one coffee + one milk)

As I see that with the expressos which is good. That way it'll be like the nespresso machines, where there is no milk pods. As I think it should be optional for those that want it
 

jace88

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2015
Messages
1,374
Reaction score
0
Been a while since I last posted here but probably worth mentioning to newcomers that Nestle Dolce Gusto are at it again with a new promotion of buy 24 boxes of capsules, get a free machine.

Be warned!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top