DVI Dual Link

tensaixp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
0
I'm contemplating about getting the qnix qx2710 evolution ii, and I wonder if DVI dual link is able to deliver 1440p, or do I need to connect to another port to supplement it? If 1 DVI dual link is sufficient, how high can the frequency go? 60Hz?
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
DL-dvi-d can deliver 1440p, 120hz. I believe dey will send a dvi cable as well?
 

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
70,067
Reaction score
0
wrong forum but yes it can deliver 1440p. you need a gfx card for it, not onboard ones.
 

tensaixp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
0
wrong forum but yes it can deliver 1440p. you need a gfx card for it, not onboard ones.
Woops, I thought it's hardware related. I'm assuming my 7950 should be able to do so then.

DL-dvi-d can deliver 1440p, 120hz. I believe dey will send a dvi cable as well?

oic, I was confused with the mixed replies from googling, or maybe I confused myself.
 

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
35,149
Reaction score
1,255
For Korean monitors they are very picky about the type and quality of the Dual Link DVI cables from my experience.

I am using a Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2B oc edition.

At first I linked up using my own dual link DVI cable. My monitor showed 4 screens. No matter what I did it still showed 4 screens.

In the end I used the bundled cable and it worked flawlessly.

So my guess is its very finicky about the type of cable. The one bundled is probably the best one.
 

tensaixp

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
733
Reaction score
0
For Korean monitors they are very picky about the type and quality of the Dual Link DVI cables from my experience.

I am using a Yamakasi Catleap Q270 2B oc edition.

At first I linked up using my own dual link DVI cable. My monitor showed 4 screens. No matter what I did it still showed 4 screens.

In the end I used the bundled cable and it worked flawlessly.

So my guess is its very finicky about the type of cable. The one bundled is probably the best one.

Alright. Thanks!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top