Earliest recontract date for maid

AvengersAssemble

Reaction score
Hi,

As title, i will like to recontract my maid's contract (left 6 months) for another 2 years.

May i know when is the earliest i can do, and what procedures/ steps do i need to adhere to?

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what legal obligations or rights are out there, but felt usually 3-6 months before contract ends, can start to nego and discuss with the helper whether they would like to extend already lor…

In the event that the helper express intention not to stay longer than 2yrs then employer also have enough lead time to interview others and start the employment process for the next one…

In the event, the helper agrees to continue, then there is also sufficient time to discuss remuneration, whether when to take the “home leave” or postpone to her preferred period during their holidays etc etc…check on her passport expiry and also eventual renewal of her work permit.

Jov1623

Reaction score
Based on experience, don’t Re contract too fast cos they may chg mind wen come near to the expiry

coey

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually it is straight forward if the fdw doesn't go back for home leave.
Complication is when they want to go back for home leave.

keenklee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO.
Talk to the helper and give yourself at least 3 months.
Have sufficient time to find a new one in case the helper don't want to continue with you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.