Emergency PC upgrade; Need recommend.

igniz12000

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
PC finally KO, dont know if from water damage a few months ago or just old but now is the best time to do some upgrade I think. Never really research much yet cause just happened tonight but please let me know if got better suggestions.


Mobo: Need a i5 2500k (LGA 1155) compatible mobo. Reusing my 2500k and looking to do some overclocking as well. Also need to be intel HD graphics enabled until I buy a new gpu. Budget $130-200, willing to go higher if necessary.

PSU: Seasonic G-650 650W 80+ Gold $136
Prefer something modular and can power a GTX 770-800

SSD: Crucial M500 240GB $185
Might as well get a new SSD since need to reinstall win7. Current PC no SSD.


Reusing:
Casing
Ram
CPU cooler
Optical drive
HDD


Please advise, thanks.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
If you want to have LGA1155 mobo, please go down to SLS and have a look. As it is a phasing out period. Unable to advice you on what board to go for as the stock and availability on pricelist do not seems to be tally, but since you are into overclocking, go for a z77 board.

Go for Crucial mx100 256gb around $155-$165

PSU selection is fine.
 

igniz12000

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
If you want to have LGA1155 mobo, please go down to SLS and have a look. As it is a phasing out period. Unable to advice you on what board to go for as the stock and availability on pricelist do not seems to be tally, but since you are into overclocking, go for a z77 board.

Go for Crucial mx100 256gb around $155-$165

PSU selection is fine.


Alright, looks like PC themes still selling Asrock extr 4 mobo, will go down this week and see.
 

igniz12000

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
So what do YOU suggest? I feel like Im stuck between a durian and a rambutan. Dont want to upgade the CPU cause no point, i5 still decent but noone is selling LGA1155 mobo anymore. Maybe buy from a mobo from Amazon since Im getting my GPU there too?

I would like to go around SLS asking for z77 mobos but I dont like to buy stuff without doing at least some research on the part first. Haizzzz....next time dont put water bottle near your PC......
 

Blehana

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
272
Reaction score
0
So what do YOU suggest? I feel like Im stuck between a durian and a rambutan. Dont want to upgade the CPU cause no point, i5 still decent but noone is selling LGA1155 mobo anymore. Maybe buy from a mobo from Amazon since Im getting my GPU there too?

I would like to go around SLS asking for z77 mobos but I dont like to buy stuff without doing at least some research on the part first. Haizzzz....next time dont put water bottle near your PC......

Buy a used 1155 mobo that still has some warranty left. I'm sure there are a few people selling in the marketplace section.

For example this guy :

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cpu-ram-mainboard-bazaar-199/wts-mobos-rams-hdds-psu-4772126.html
 

igniz12000

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
I think I'll put the upgrade on hold first. Just roll back my GPU driver and managed to run it but still running in safe mode. Since the mobo situation abit troublesome I think I buy a new gpu and then see how from there. That way I can eliminate 1 hardware issue at a time.

Thanks to bros who post.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top