eMMC adaptor or enclosure?

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
Hi, can't find the storage clinic think no more liao or I am blind.

Anyway I have a XiaoMi tablet that has its panel uplorry, but the device still works. Inside is a 64GB eMMC, is it possible to rip it out and use it as a normal storage? If so is there such a device eg eMMC to sata or eMMC to USB?

I tried to google, but not sure if it's the right thing... something like http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G135415955758 ?
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,832
Reaction score
30,422
The eMMC is soldered onto the mainboard. Do you have a heat gun?
 

arcana75

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2001
Messages
5,112
Reaction score
0
The eMMC is soldered onto the mainboard. Do you have a heat gun?

**** no... sure is soldered on? Cuz I recently opened a thumbdrive, and the damn thing is a micro-SD card connected to contact pins by glue. The USB connector died but I rescued the micro-SD. Of cuz tablet != thumbdrive.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top