Expedia SG vs Expedia US

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
5,272
Reaction score
728
Has anyone bought air tickets/flights on Expedia US website?

The fare that's available on the US website isn't available on the SG website and I can't do a multi-city/open-jaw ticket with the airline I intend to fly with.

Want to know besides being charged in USD instead of SGD, is there any difference/advantage/disadvantage on either website.
 

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,142
Reaction score
186
Has anyone bought air tickets/flights on Expedia US website?

The fare that's available on the US website isn't available on the SG website and I can't do a multi-city/open-jaw ticket with the airline I intend to fly with.

Want to know besides being charged in USD instead of SGD, is there any difference/advantage/disadvantage on either website.

I had the same issue as well, the fares displayed on Expedia SG with multi city routing cost a lot more than Expedia US, i'm aware that it's in USD. I booked it and have no issues. It's just a different ticket issuing country.

The down side will be, if you need to change the flights, you have to pay change fees to expedia + airline change fees. If booking directly with the airline gives the same fare, book direct
 

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2017
Messages
17,513
Reaction score
6,084
Go to Skyscanner to search for price of airline, compare the price, if price different is not big, book direct.
 

dede1217

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2011
Messages
24,805
Reaction score
34
Have booked hotels from Expedia US website before.
Expedia US, charges in usd ...
there would be currency flunctuations ...

They might have different promotions from time to time ...
You might want to contact expedia directly for more information.
 

bleonz

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
1,500
Reaction score
0
iirc, expedia sg also consider cross border transaction, ie dcc will be charged to ur credit card even its reflected in sgd... unless ur given credit card (bank, visa/mc) dun charge for the dcc...
 

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
5,272
Reaction score
728
I had the same issue as well, the fares displayed on Expedia SG with multi city routing cost a lot more than Expedia US, i'm aware that it's in USD. I booked it and have no issues. It's just a different ticket issuing country.

USD$500+ vs SGD4000+. SGD4000, I can get the flight on biz class instead.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top