Feedback on brother printers

moveman69

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
2
Hi bros

My epson 900WD died on me and I was intending to buy a similar model with duplex functions (as I have 3 users at home constantly printing school notes on double sided) and I realized epson doesnt have one with duplex printing anymore. went through a few brands like canon, hp and dell but brother printers happen to catch my attention. It has 3 years warranty vs the 1 yr given by the rest and it has duplex.

Any users of brother printers can share some opinions/feedback? cos personally I have never tried a brother printer before. Thanks and I truly appreciate all the feedback I can get
 

geckoSG

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
3,040
Reaction score
5
Used 465CN & J415W before, 1 ink no more n u can't print. Lifespan for 465 outlast newer model J415. Now jump ship to fuji xerox.
 

puiehz

Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
still using the model HL 2270 DW, the wireless and network one, rather easy to setup imho..
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
I would say avoid Brother printers as paper jam is a very common issue with their printers.

1. Are you printing in black and white or colour?

2. Are you looking for ink jet or laser printer?
 

moveman69

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
2
I would say avoid Brother printers as paper jam is a very common issue with their printers.

1. Are you printing in black and white or colour?

2. Are you looking for ink jet or laser printer?

Hi xRenol

I print in color and I am looking at an injet AIO with 2-sided auto duplex printing. If paper keep jamming, is it possible to go to service centre and ask for a repair?
 

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
7,232
Reaction score
192
Hi xRenol

I print in color and I am looking at an injet AIO with 2-sided auto duplex printing. If paper keep jamming, is it possible to go to service centre and ask for a repair?

If you are looking at inkjet AIO, you can consider Canon or HP.

For HP printer, the print head is together with the ink cartridge and the printed colour is also better than Brother printers. Not sure about Canon printers.

Note: HP ink cartridges are slightly more expensive as the ink cartridge consists of the print head.

Fuji Xerox is also good but I doubt they have desktop colour AIO.

I think is due to the rollers in Brother printers that constantly cause the paper jam which I don't think it can be resolved by repairing at the service center.
 
Last edited:

geckoSG

Master Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2006
Messages
3,040
Reaction score
5
Skip HP. I simply hate their printer. Last time got 1 209m, went back service centre bang table.

Printed out a horse in blood color rather than brown, end up gave me excuse say color due to printer using only 3 color ink cartridges, if I want, go for 5 color ink cartridges.

I show them similar print out from brother... They can't explain why brother gave me near picture print out while their HP can't. And yes, brother using 3 color also.

Also, another thing that pissed me off was setup... took a damn long time to setup a simple printer for normal use.

After that incident, no more HP for "picture perfect" quality for me...
 

Bargainhunter56

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
If you are looking at inkjet AIO, you can consider Canon or HP.

For HP printer, the print head is together with the ink cartridge and the printed colour is also better than Brother printers. Not sure about Canon printers.

Note: HP ink cartridges are slightly more expensive as the ink cartridge consists of the print head.

Fuji Xerox is also good but I doubt they have desktop colour AIO.

I think is due to the rollers in Brother printers that constantly cause the paper jam which I don't think it can be resolved by repairing at the service center.

Actually depends as only dual cartridges ( 1 black , 1 tri- color ) has the print heads incorporated with the ink cartridges. Which will ultimately cost you more cost per page wise as compared to individuals ink cartridges.

Honestly HP & Brother are still one of most user friendly brands in term of setting up the printer and wireless. But Epson and canon will have superior print quality.

You can look at epson Workforce 3521. canon 6470. brother 725dw or HP 6520. All of these will fit your requirement. :s13::s13:
 

moveman69

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2009
Messages
1,372
Reaction score
2
Actually depends as only dual cartridges ( 1 black , 1 tri- color ) has the print heads incorporated with the ink cartridges. Which will ultimately cost you more cost per page wise as compared to individuals ink cartridges.

Honestly HP & Brother are still one of most user friendly brands in term of setting up the printer and wireless. But Epson and canon will have superior print quality.

You can look at epson Workforce 3521. canon 6470. brother 725dw or HP 6520. All of these will fit your requirement. :s13::s13:

Thanks for the suggestions bro! I am also considering epson 3521. But a bit ex though... and btw do u guys suggest that I purchase the extended warranty from harvey norman, courts, best denki, etc?
 

Bargainhunter56

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2014
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the suggestions bro! I am also considering epson 3521. But a bit ex though... and btw do u guys suggest that I purchase the extended warranty from harvey norman, courts, best denki, etc?

Extended warranty abit no point since i dun think any of them covered the printheads. So i suggest dont bother =:p
 

giugno128

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Good day
Having Epson wf 3521 after old epson spoiled... using for a about 3 months and now it prompted maintenance box near end of life.... a container box with chip at the rear of printer that collects waste inks. To my surprise, cannot purchase by normal user like us. When called the EPSON, they said is the job of C20 and called C20, they redirect me to their so-call retailer mobile phone...
At the end of the day, the printer still sits on my desk on strike... cannot print without the replacement of the maintenance box...
Just do not understand, why can't we just purchase these maintenance box (designed for easy replacement) off the shelf same as the ink cartridges? Fellow users, pls check the tech spec of the printer first before buying... if so call maintenance box is not available for users like us, the printer will not print anything when the counter in the chips is up... long before the warranty period... :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top