Feedback regarding ad space on mobile browser

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,480
Reaction score
6,016
Dear HWZ,

I would like to feedback regarding the ad space

HTML-Layout-4.png


It's annoying that on mobile browser like Chrome, when
surfing HWZ forum the ad will occupt the header and right panel.
(I use HTML coding guide template to illustrate what I am
referring to.)

It squeezes the forum down to main content area and only
way for the forum to resize is to close the ad.
However it is difficult to locate the button to hide/close the ad.

Can HWZ consider Pop ad instead of this?
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,168
Reaction score
3,136
Hi,

Do you have an example of the ad in question that's difficult to close? I don't think all ads are difficult to close.

Perhaps you met with a few that were tricky; do you perhaps have a screenshot?

Thanks.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,480
Reaction score
6,016
Hi,

Do you have an example of the ad in question that's difficult to close? I don't think all ads are difficult to close.

Perhaps you met with a few that were tricky; do you perhaps have a screenshot?

Thanks.

If I run into one I will take screenshot, as the mobile version
on browser certain features are missing so have to revert to desktop.
Example in mobile version, user post and thread cannot be viewed.
Which is why I encounter issues with the ad on the sides.
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,168
Reaction score
3,136
Ah ic.
So it's the desktop mode on mobile view.

We didn't design the site specifically for that purpose and it's more of a stopgap measure between proper mobile and desktop usage when there is a dire need to view the full desktop edition on the move.


If I run into one I will take screenshot, as the mobile version
on browser certain features are missing so have to revert to desktop.
Example in mobile version, user post and thread cannot be viewed.
Which is why I encounter issues with the ad on the sides.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,480
Reaction score
6,016
So could I ask why is mobile version, user profile functions
such as view thread or post not able to do?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top