Flight booking through Expedia.com.sg

ham.ham.lee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2011
Messages
12,061
Reaction score
0
Wanna ask, has anyone booked flight tickets from Expedia.com.sg?

How does the thing work? Cause my friend booked and it did not ask for his passport number, IC and all other impt info. Only full name is required, is it normal?
 

coolhead

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
52,404
Reaction score
13,587
Wanna ask, has anyone booked flight tickets from Expedia.com.sg?

How does the thing work? Cause my friend booked and it did not ask for his passport number, IC and all other impt info. Only full name is required, is it normal?

hi. I booked thru expedia too. It didn't ask for my passport number but I used full name from my passport. I haven't take the flight yet, it's coming end January. How about u?
 

derekcai

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
798
Reaction score
0
I booked from expedia as well, according to them there is no need for all that info, as long as the name matches when you check in it is ok as e tickets do not require that.

I called them as my fight was for malaysia airlines and my reference number did not work on the website. They told me not to worry, my flight was already booked and confirmed. I then went to call up malaysia airlines and they confirmed my tickets too.

Should be safe but if you are worried just call/email the airlines and give them your reference code if it does not work on the website. Malaysian airlines hotline gave me some lame reason for why flights booked through expedia will not show up on their website.
 

ShinigamiX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2006
Messages
10,957
Reaction score
7
I booked from expedia as well, according to them there is no need for all that info, as long as the name matches when you check in it is ok as e tickets do not require that.

I called them as my fight was for malaysia airlines and my reference number did not work on the website. They told me not to worry, my flight was already booked and confirmed. I then went to call up malaysia airlines and they confirmed my tickets too.

Should be safe but if you are worried just call/email the airlines and give them your reference code if it does not work on the website. Malaysian airlines hotline gave me some lame reason for why flights booked through expedia will not show up on their website.

so, what was the reason? :s11:
 

derekcai

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
798
Reaction score
0
so, what was the reason? :s11:

Something about external bookings having a reference code that is generated by an external company and is not in their database. Its not like it is very hard to consolidate bookings/ generate a new reference code to give customers ease of mind as these purchases are well over a thousand dollars..I quoted them my "external" reference code when checking booking and they were able to retrieve my ticket status anyway.:s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top