Get Sound Blaster X7 or something else?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,461
Reaction score
6,010
If size is what TS is looking at, can consider Edifier r1010bt. ($89)

dsc03518-91.jpg


Small and decent.
If not next option for you consider is getting a mini hifi like
Denon M41 ($700)

41NIiv3WVTL._AC_SY400_.jpg


Small speaker but with the stereo amp, the sound will be
better.
PC can hookup with Hifi, either 3.5mm to RCA or 3.5mm to 3.5mm or optical.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,461
Reaction score
6,010
Good thread on sound cards. Hijack. My speaker is just Swans M50W only. Specs written on the right.
If based on my needs, mainly movies and games on desktop, I do streaming and my current headphone with microphone tends to "take-in" the desktop speaker audio. Want my voice to be clear and crisp. Upgrade to better audio too.
Getting soundcard can solve such issue?
1. Creative AE-9
2. Creative AE-7
3. Creative X7-LE
4. Creative X7
5. Creative AE-5 Plus Pure Edition

- If you want better sound, can consider either Creative Z soundcard will do.
The Creative AE-5 onwards are newer, uses better DAC and etc.
I don't see the need to spend so much on a soundcard.
I am using Creative Recon3D (In my sig ->), so far it helps to improve sound quality.

- For streaming, best to have sound from headphone so Mic won't pick up any sound from the desktop speaker.
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
- If you want better sound, can consider either Creative Z soundcard will do.
The Creative AE-5 onwards are newer, uses better DAC and etc.
I don't see the need to spend so much on a soundcard.
I am using Creative Recon3D (In my sig ->), so far it helps to improve sound quality.

- For streaming, best to have sound from headphone so Mic won't pick up any sound from the desktop speaker.

I prefer to have desktop speaker instead of headphone. It's warm and uncomfy. Like wearing helmet in National Service.
 
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Good thread on sound cards. Hijack. My speaker is just Swans M50W only. Specs written on the right.
If based on my needs, mainly movies and games on desktop, I do streaming and my current headphone with microphone tends to "take-in" the desktop speaker audio. Want my voice to be clear and crisp. Upgrade to better audio too.
Getting soundcard can solve such issue?
1. Creative AE-9
2. Creative AE-7
3. Creative X7-LE
4. Creative X7
5. Creative AE-5 Plus Pure Edition

A soundcard won't help.
Get a standalone USB Microphone with Zero Latency.
:s12:
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,764
Reaction score
30,380
So a low sensitivity mic that you put next to your mouth is picking up the speakers, and u want to replace it with a higher sensitivity mic that you put on the table.

All the clip ons that I've used don't have this problem because of their low sensitivity by nature... What headset are u using
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
So a low sensitivity mic that you put next to your mouth is picking up the speakers, and u want to replace it with a higher sensitivity mic that you put on the table.

All the clip ons that I've used don't have this problem because of their low sensitivity by nature... What headset are u using

Logitech G933. Already faulty. One side seems to be losing connection. Sometimes work, sometime no sound.
Logitech software really sucks. Sometimes not even detected. The always-detected logitech is only the webcam C930e.

Actually I tried wireless, it's kinda heavy on my head. Then I switched to hanging it around my neck, my neck get tired and uncomfy.
That's why I considered to place standing microphone on the table instead of any part of my body.
 
Last edited:

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,764
Reaction score
30,380
Logitech G933. Already faulty. One side seems to be losing connection. Sometimes work, sometime no sound.
Logitech software really sucks. Sometimes not even detected. The always-detected logitech is only the webcam C930e.

Actually I tried wireless, it's kinda heavy on my head. Then I switched to hanging it around my neck, my neck get tired and uncomfy.
That's why I considered to place standing microphone on the table instead of any part of my body.

Are u sure it isn't your faulty wiring feeding the sound into the mic in

A disconnected ground pin can do that easily.

Also just to be sure, the mic is at the mouth and not on the cable right?
 
Last edited:

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Are u sure it isn't your faulty wiring feeding the sound into the mic in

A disconnected ground pin can do that easily.

Also just to be sure, the mic is at the mouth and not on the cable right?

Faulty wiring? Can't see. Unless I tear it into pieces.
Mic is extended from the headphone, not hanging at the cable type. It is wireless.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,461
Reaction score
6,010
Faulty wiring? Can't see. Unless I tear it into pieces.
Mic is extended from the headphone, not hanging at the cable type. It is wireless.

Think he is referring to the 3.5mm cable but I don't think you
are using cable connection.
 

Gondon72

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,739
Reaction score
710
I prefer to have desktop speaker instead of headphone. It's warm and uncomfy. Like wearing helmet in National Service.


I thought I am the one only that will feel this way after using for maybe like 15mins only.

Then all the more not to spend too much on the amp since 1) The JVC must be pretty small to be considered worth using for their size versus your Ascend, and 2) You already know how proper sound is like and how spending more on amps and DACs don't change how a speaker performs.

If size is a concern and you have a budget I would buy iLoud and stop thinking about it. Don't even need a DAC because it has a built-in DSP (which makes getting a good DAC pointless).

Good suggestion..shall go and take a look at iLoud. Thanks
 
Last edited:

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,226
Reaction score
87
haha, wanted to hoot AE7 but then saw the following:

30% off is applicable storewide, except for the following products:
X-Fi Sonic Carrier
Creative Stage
Creative Pebble
Creative T100
Sound BlasterX Katana
Creative BT-W3
Aurvana Trio Wireless
Sound BlasterX G6
Sound Blaster AE-9
Sound Blaster AE-7
Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus
Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus Pure Edition
Sound Blaster X3
Sound Blaster G3
Creative Live! Cam Sync 1080p
Creative SXFI TRIO
Creative SXFI GAMER
Creative SXFI THEATER
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
I use IEM Earbuds.
1More Triple Driver.
Cheap and Good.

Not sure if mine is considered IEM Triple Drivers. Hoot from Ultimate Ears then custom mod the earmold to fit.

haha, wanted to hoot AE7 but then saw the following:

30% off is applicable storewide, except for the following products:

Sound BlasterX Katana
Sound BlasterX G6
Sound Blaster AE-9
Sound Blaster AE-7
Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus
Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus Pure Edition

To me, that's basically everything that I'm interested with.
Might as well, name it old stock clearance. :s22:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top