Gifts from Singapore

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
Hello everybody,

I want to take some gifts from Singapore for my two female friends. They've asked for Indonesian silk batik scarves. Where can I buy it and how much would it cost?

I know Arab street is one option but I've heard that they quite often overcharge, especially if one foreigner...
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Maybe Joo Chiat Complex and its environs in Geylang Serai. Even Mustafa Centre, I think.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,034
Reaction score
1,920
Have you looked in Chinatown? Don't neglect to check the Chinatown Complex. The heavy green type seen in period drama is still used in some Chinese weddings, so I suppose they can be still sourced locally.
 

yennylee_89

Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
have you tried bugis junction? there's quite a lot of cheap stuff sold there so perhaps there are those scarves available?
 

invisible999

Master Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
3,565
Reaction score
2
I did find umbrella, surprisingly at Tanglin Mall on 3rd floor and it was cheap - $20-$30.

For scarves - have not had a chance to go yet. Will try this weekend. Thanks for suggestions.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top