Hainan, China

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
12,416
Reaction score
0
Has anyone been to Hainan Island, China, mind if you can share on how is your overall tour experience?

Trying to bring my mum to see the world within my budget before she grows even older. :o
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,021
Reaction score
1,916
There is a sub-forum for China in this forum.
I assume that you speak Mandarin and read Chinese. It is easy to get around without getting on a guided tour.
I managed, in 2011.
1 Haikou- Nanyang street
2 Sanya- Yalong Bay, Guanyin of the South Seas
3 TianYaHaiJiao
 

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
12,416
Reaction score
0
Got a very cheap guided tour, but just wanna make sure it will be an enjoyable experience for my mum
 

bitsoffish

Master Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
4,544
Reaction score
25
Crappy place. I'm there almost every year end to pay respects to ancestors. Did some traveling every time and its always a disappointment. For the same money I think you're better off choosing Hong Kong.
 

Bak_Chor_Mee

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2008
Messages
5,427
Reaction score
147
i intending to visit Haikou also end of this year to visit my relatives. was thinking of spending the new year day over there too. its been more than a decade since i last visit Hainan. Apart from visiting my relatives, will be exploring around alone also. Hainan has very little tourist attractions right, i can only think of Shan Ya :s13:
 

Soon__

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
12,416
Reaction score
0
A lot of scenery views I guess?
Any place to visit? Will reside 3 days straight in Haikou while other 3 days in sanya area.
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,021
Reaction score
1,916
Actually the 2 attractions of Guanyin of the South Seas & Tianyahaijiao are fairly pricey and in my opinion, over-hyped. I would not visit Hainan again, as the other attractions like the beach and tropical climate offer no obvious edge over similar destinations in Thailand and Malaysia. I recall also visiting Betel Nut Ethnic Minorities Park (槟榔谷), which is again, highly commercial.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top