Help: Advise needed

xxDonmaxx

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I got a problem with my desktop.

Desktop starts up with no display connection.

LCD Monitor and HDMI cable okay since i can power it with my laptop.

So I'm left with Motherboard and GPU. Although I can use the VGA cable to hook up with monitor via the motherboard , Im still unsure whether it is the motherboard or GPU given that HDMI/DVI port on the motherboard doesnt work as well. The Com spec is listed on the right.

Anyone can advise?
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Check your GPU by unplugging it out first. Then plug in only your hdmi cable through your mobo if there is a hdmi slot.

If there isn't you will need to try with other ports.
 

xxDonmaxx

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
I'm only able to hook up via VGA port of the motherboard without GPU in it. If the GPU in the comp, error message was shown (Interface Not Supported). Connecting to HDMI port on motherboard will give me no display signal. I tried DVI as well but same thing as HDMI. The only port I didn't try would the displayport
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Clear CMOS.

See if it helps. If it doesn't then send in the gpu for RMA.
 

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2001
Messages
53,997
Reaction score
18
Before you send anything for RMA, check the error beeps (if any).

Most of the time, poor contact of the ram module will result in failed POST hence nothing display on the screen regardless of whatever display interface connected to the monitor.
 

xxDonmaxx

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
Thanks conmach and royfrosty but HDMI/DVI port on my motherboard worked after resetting CMOS so i assumed probably GPU is the problem.
 

xxDonmaxx

Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2010
Messages
144
Reaction score
0
It seems that it was port from the PSU didnt deliver the power required for GPU; swaping for another port solved the problem but now the issue is should I RMA the PSU given the other 3 ports didnt work as well. Issue is compounded by the fact that watching videos (youtube) creates lag responses.

Advice pls :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top