[HELP] Anyone had the same issue?

ayeosq

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
867
Reaction score
0
Well, I have a laptop that comes as the following:
Intel i5-4200, latest driver installed
Nvidia GTX765M, latest driver installed
8GB ram
EVO 240GB loaded with Windows 8.1, latest driver installed

Playing games was pretty smooth, no issue with Ghost, BF4 and PD2 playing highest spec on steam...
Even game recording wasn't an issue...
However, I tried to connect a HDMI between my newly aquired 27 inch monitor to my little rig, everything screwed up...
The game lagged big time, even as duplicated display, external display only or extended display...
In my experience, never had happened before on my previous rigs, this rig was pretty much brand new a couple of months back...
And there was even an issue with ram, say I run my game on 1280x1024, but my native window is running 1920x1080, I will get a insufficient ram issue...
I am forced to use the same game resolution setting with my native windows setting, just a work around to avoid the windows message...
That doesn't bother me, the main issue is that my external display will then serve me no purpose...
Google is indeed my best buddy and yes, I did use him...
However, not much came up other than running games in a window, I am like "HELLO, I CANNOT TOLERATE THIS!!!"...


Any EDMW have solution to the same problem?
 

Hailgod

Master Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2013
Messages
3,916
Reaction score
309
Well, I have a laptop that comes as the following:
Intel i5-4200, latest driver installed
Nvidia GTX765M, latest driver installed
8GB ram
EVO 240GB loaded with Windows 8.1, latest driver installed

Playing games was pretty smooth, no issue with Ghost, BF4 and PD2 playing highest spec on steam...
Even game recording wasn't an issue...
However, I tried to connect a HDMI between my newly aquired 27 inch monitor to my little rig, everything screwed up...
The game lagged big time, even as duplicated display, external display only or extended display...
In my experience, never had happened before on my previous rigs, this rig was pretty much brand new a couple of months back...
And there was even an issue with ram, say I run my game on 1280x1024, but my native window is running 1920x1080, I will get a insufficient ram issue...
I am forced to use the same game resolution setting with my native windows setting, just a work around to avoid the windows message...
That doesn't bother me, the main issue is that my external display will then serve me no purpose...
Google is indeed my best buddy and yes, I did use him...
However, not much came up other than running games in a window, I am like "HELLO, I CANNOT TOLERATE THIS!!!"...


Any EDMW have solution to the same problem?

Update intel hd graphics drivers. I heard about this problem on another forum as well.
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,659
Reaction score
9,411
can force the lappy to use nvidia graphic card for your games through nvidia control panel?
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
I'm not too clear about when the slowdown is experienced and if you are still experiencing it... need to ask some questions.

1) Does the slowdown occur only when you connect the laptop to the 27-inch monitor?

2) If you disconnect the monitor, will the laptop go back to the previous smoothness that you experienced at first?

3) Is your 27-inch monitor a proper computer monitor or is it a TV actually?

4) Did you set the game to Vsync between your game and the display?

5) Are you using extended desktop? Or clone? Or projecting the image to the monitor only?

6) Does the laptop have a VGA display port? If so, have you tried hooking up via the VGA port?

Note that if you are cloning the display, you're effectively running two monitors off your graphics card. It may not be able to take it. You might not have enough system RAM and/or graphics RAM to handle it. The graphical demand of the games you play is pretty high especially at the settings you're running.

My advice is output the video signal only to the monitor.
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
Might be a windows 8.1 issue. Memory leak.

If it is a memory leak issue, the problem will exhibit whether or not you connect an external monitor... he had no problem gaming before he connected the external monitor.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top