HELP! My Samsung S7 Edge

jackdaniel69

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
559
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,

I need your help. I bought my s7 edge when I was in Europe coz my phone was stolen :(. After I back to SG, I realized that it was REGION LOCKED!

I went online to some website providing unlock services with code. They can't do it.

However, I tried several until this last one he couldn't unlock it but he won't refund me my money. So I'm gg to open a paypal case. He THREATEN me to LOCK my phone if I open a case.

Do you think he can LOCK my phone? Any input what should I do?
Thanks for your help.
 

deckcard

Master Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2007
Messages
2,573
Reaction score
2
Hey guys,

I need your help. I bought my s7 edge when I was in Europe coz my phone was stolen :(. After I back to SG, I realized that it was REGION LOCKED!

I went online to some website providing unlock services with code. They can't do it.

However, I tried several until this last one he couldn't unlock it but he won't refund me my money. So I'm gg to open a paypal case. He THREATEN me to LOCK my phone if I open a case.

Do you think he can LOCK my phone? Any input what should I do?
Thanks for your help.

You hv the receipt? Why worry if you are the owner of the phone? Also, why not go to Samsung Singapore for help?
 

jackdaniel69

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
559
Reaction score
0
You hv the receipt? Why worry if you are the owner of the phone? Also, why not go to Samsung Singapore for help?

I have all the documentations (receipt, box complete). I went to the Samsung Plaza Sing already. But they told me they can't help due to region different. :(
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Hey guys,

I need your help. I bought my s7 edge when I was in Europe coz my phone was stolen :(. After I back to SG, I realized that it was REGION LOCKED!

I went online to some website providing unlock services with code. They can't do it.

However, I tried several until this last one he couldn't unlock it but he won't refund me my money. So I'm gg to open a paypal case. He THREATEN me to LOCK my phone if I open a case.

Do you think he can LOCK my phone? Any input what should I do?
Thanks for your help.

Region locked phones eh.. Does your box say European SIM CARDS only on the seal?

Do you still have a EU Sim card? To unlock those devices usually you've to make a 5-6 min call to someone with an EU sim card.
 
Last edited:

jackdaniel69

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
559
Reaction score
0
Region locked phones eh.. Does your box say European SIM CARDS only on the seal?

Do you still have a EU Sim card? To unlock those devices usually you've to make a 5-6 min call to someone with an EU sim card.

Yes Exactly! Have the sticker.

I am aware of the 5 mins talk. But it need to be done in the EU itself. That's the problem :( And Samsung don't even bother to help.

The samsung here say it's not their problem. The EU samsung told me they can't "serve" people outside their region.
 

red line

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
23,878
Reaction score
2,768
Yes Exactly! Have the sticker.

I am aware of the 5 mins talk. But it need to be done in the EU itself. That's the problem :( And Samsung don't even bother to help.

The samsung here say it's not their problem. The EU samsung told me they can't "serve" people outside their region.

u shd just buy a low range smartphone cost less than $200 for temporary use.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Yes Exactly! Have the sticker.

I am aware of the 5 mins talk. But it need to be done in the EU itself. That's the problem :( And Samsung don't even bother to help.

The samsung here say it's not their problem. The EU samsung told me they can't "serve" people outside their region.

Yeah cause they really cannot help you, we do not have SIM locked devices here and there is no service for that. If you got it in EU you should have unlocked it before coming here esp when you are aware of the 5 min talk thing. It is already stated BIG BIG on the box that it is SIM LOCKED.

It sounds like you imported the device over without checking if it was SIM locked and now have a SIM locked device in SG.

There are ways to try unlock them, if they are reliable or not.. We are not too sure.

Try this APP FIRST!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zigbrick.galaxyregionunlock&hl=en

If not paid
https://www.sammobile.com/unlock/?phone=SM-G935F
 
Last edited:

sporean

Master Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
0
Yes Exactly! Have the sticker.

I am aware of the 5 mins talk. But it need to be done in the EU itself. That's the problem :( And Samsung don't even bother to help.

The samsung here say it's not their problem. The EU samsung told me they can't "serve" people outside their region.


They alr hv their own big headaches and hands full wif all the local problems.. red tint issue, batt issues, softwares issues etc...

of cos they will tell chiu not their problem, u die ish ur own pasah if u dun purchase the phone locally.. :s22:
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
Locked phone is just 1st issue. No warranty is 2nd.

Next will be will this Europe phone support all of Singapore LTE bands. Imagine going some place like Tuas or Changi or Woodlands and have weak or no signal.

Saw a lot of cheap phones overseas but advise not to buy due to so many issues that may happen. Support local to avoid all these strange issues.

Sent from Samsung S8+ (SM-G955FD) using GAGT
 

Mobile_Crazy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
13,586
Reaction score
0
were you informed of the sim lock in the first place?
if no you go proceed to open a case with paypal.

the phone have your account only right?
as long as the google account in the phone is yours not to worry, none can lock you out of the phone.
 

jackdaniel69

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
559
Reaction score
0
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! OMG Thank YOU!!! You are the best!!! Thank you everyone!

I am so happy. Everyone so helpful :D:D:D

Yeah cause they really cannot help you, we do not have SIM locked devices here and there is no service for that. If you got it in EU you should have unlocked it before coming here esp when you are aware of the 5 min talk thing. It is already stated BIG BIG on the box that it is SIM LOCKED.

It sounds like you imported the device over without checking if it was SIM locked and now have a SIM locked device in SG.

There are ways to try unlock them, if they are reliable or not.. We are not too sure.

Try this APP FIRST!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zigbrick.galaxyregionunlock&hl=en

If not paid
https://www.sammobile.com/unlock/?phone=SM-G935F
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top