Help needed

Stalkerx

Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys,

My laptop was not able to boot into windows. Everytime I on it, it will stuck at a blank screen. Unable to go into safe mode as well.
Have tried insert Windows 7 disc, after windows loading, it will stuck at the next page where the windows logo will appear.

Is this a hardware failure?
 

Stalkerx

Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2009
Messages
205
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the help.
After some trouble shooting, taking 1 ram out each and try, I found out that is the hard disk problem. When I unplug the hard disk and use and external hard disk, I was able to boot into windows.

Any recommendation for Hard Disk replacement?
My current Laptop is Acer 4820TG, Hard disk is MK7559GSXP

Thanks.
 

Dharu17

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, my laptop had been heating up beyond believe recently. I then figured it could be due to the thermal paste cake(ing) up. Due to the age of my laptop.

I decide to get a thermal paste and properly cleaned the CPU & GPU and re-applied fresh thermal paste.

Now, after a few months of doing that, the problem seems to have started. Could it be due to the thermal paste that i'm using, or cause of the age of my laptop?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)
 

tuckloong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
33,660
Reaction score
9,411
Hi guys, my laptop had been heating up beyond believe recently. I then figured it could be due to the thermal paste cake(ing) up. Due to the age of my laptop.

I decide to get a thermal paste and properly cleaned the CPU & GPU and re-applied fresh thermal paste.

Now, after a few months of doing that, the problem seems to have started. Could it be due to the thermal paste that i'm using, or cause of the age of my laptop?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

is the fan spinning normally? did u apply new thermal paste to any dedicated GPU also?
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, my laptop had been heating up beyond believe recently. I then figured it could be due to the thermal paste cake(ing) up. Due to the age of my laptop.

I decide to get a thermal paste and properly cleaned the CPU & GPU and re-applied fresh thermal paste.

Now, after a few months of doing that, the problem seems to have started. Could it be due to the thermal paste that i'm using, or cause of the age of my laptop?

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! :)

Overheating is caused:

1) Faulty fan
2) dried Thermal paste
3) Faulty heatsink pipes.
4) Dust clogging the ventilation vents and outlets.

If you problem comes back, it could any of the above issues. :)
 

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
7,996
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the help.
After some trouble shooting, taking 1 ram out each and try, I found out that is the hard disk problem. When I unplug the hard disk and use and external hard disk, I was able to boot into windows.

Any recommendation for Hard Disk replacement?
My current Laptop is Acer 4820TG, Hard disk is MK7559GSXP

Thanks.

Just get any normal 2.5" Harddisk.
If you have more to spend, get an SSD, it is very 3-5 times faster than a Harddisk. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top