HELP:user profile cannot be log on

I'mpossible

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
0
Hello, I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad r400. I'm facing this problem and looked up google for quite a few solution but to no avail.. here's some solution that I've tried..

1. Restarted quite a few times, no avail
2. To log into another user account, but my guest account is fingerprint protected only and the fingerprint thing is damaged.
3. System recovery through safe mode, but no latest system found
4. Factory reset, but no window installation disk...

Anyone has any solution for me? Thanks a lot!
 

Hellooo

Suspended
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
9,760
Reaction score
0
can try to login to administrator account and delete sqm folder in c:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\
 

I'mpossible

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
0
Hi Hellooo,

The prob is that my main a/c is my admin a/c.. i can only start windows on safe mode
 

I'mpossible

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
0
Hi Hellooo,

The thing is my main a;/c is my admin a/c.. i can only start windows on safe mode
 

Louisloo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
811
Reaction score
0
Since you can go into Safe mode, just create another admin user.

Then log in with new user and recover your files.

If you would like to reinstall your notebook to factory state, there is no need for the recovery CD. The Recovery partition is in your hdd.
You will need to press F11 during startup to enter to the recovery mode.

Please note that all data and files will be deleted and it will be totally reinstalled to the state when you first bought your notebook.
 
Last edited:

I'mpossible

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,632
Reaction score
0
Since you can go into Safe mode, just create another admin user.

Then log in with new user and recover your files.

If you would like to reinstall your notebook to factory state, there is no need for the recovery CD. The Recovery partition is in your hdd.
You will need to press F11 during startup to enter to the recovery mode.

Please note that all data and files will be deleted and it will be totally reinstalled to the state when you first bought your notebook.

Hi Louis,

I have no idea why but when I cclick on create new account or manage user account, nth happens at all.
 

Louisloo

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
811
Reaction score
0
Is there any possibility that the notebook is infected by virus. If it is, do a virus scan in the safe mode to clear the virus.

Otherwise, you can do a clean install if the data is not that important.
You may wish to PM me if you still need the data.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top