Hi all,
I got a big problem. So I'm a uni student, and I am doing my internship overseas. It was supposed to be <6 months, and it clashed with my original ICT, but deferment was successful, so all gucci.
However, I decided to extend my trip to travel and because I used STA Travel, there were some special conditions that I need to adhere to, thus there was only 1 or 2 dates where I can change my return flight to. That time a bit gan chiong and didn't want to think too much if not heart pain when spend too much money, so I just extended it. I also booked my accommodation and transport. Fast forward 2 weeks later to now, I realize that my trip would be >6 months in total.
I read on NS.sg online article that I just have to reapply MNC notification and apply for Exit Permit together, which I both did. Apparently Exit Permit is successfully already, so all gucci. Then I went to reread my ICT deferment letter. They mentioned something like I will be called up for MUT with another unit 13-27 July and I just realized that my return flight reaches Singapore on 14.
It slipped my mind that they had put an exact date in the letter because I received 0 notifications or call ups and whatnot despite it being about 7 weeks away. I had the notion that it was gonna be in late July or August which I was fine with. I also read an old thread: Post #11 which had some rule that MUT must notify you 3 months in advance, however I can't find that article online anymore. The new article said something about receiving HK MUT within 2 months, but it's less than 2 months already, but the article also never say anything about what to do if MUT notification is sent without due notice.
What are my options here and what can I do sia? I really have no qualms about serving my 2 weeks and it is an honest mistake that slipped my mind. I emailed ns.sg already and waiting for response but now I really quite gan chiong because I humji af and hopefully some of y'all can have some insight or experience???
Best case: No MUT and everything okay (since EP already approved)
Mid case: New unit CO okay with me reporting for MUT on 14 July (I touch down 9am) and just go through MUT which is okay also
Worse case: Cancel my plans and reschedule flight back and lose all my ****ing money???
Worst case: Somehow get fined 10k and jailed 3 years??? (ok this one quite unlikely)
Also, while we're at this, after I ORD-ed, I have had some kind of medical review that somehow got me down PES-ed. Like, at the interview with the board of MOs, I told them explicitly I don't wanna down PES, but end up downgraded anyway. Questin is how do I up PES again ah? I had some NS medical card that covers my medical bills for the injury I sustained during NS for life but I think I lost it....... Will I still be covered if I go back and schedule a session with the specialist to recommend up PES? Personally I just want the easy IPPT money la since up PES or not (currently pes C something, cannot rmb, but still have to go outfield) I still have to go outfield and do the same thing, just no IPPT and route march, but I arti, no route march anyways.
Thanks ah bros, please help a gan chiong spider in need.
I got a big problem. So I'm a uni student, and I am doing my internship overseas. It was supposed to be <6 months, and it clashed with my original ICT, but deferment was successful, so all gucci.
However, I decided to extend my trip to travel and because I used STA Travel, there were some special conditions that I need to adhere to, thus there was only 1 or 2 dates where I can change my return flight to. That time a bit gan chiong and didn't want to think too much if not heart pain when spend too much money, so I just extended it. I also booked my accommodation and transport. Fast forward 2 weeks later to now, I realize that my trip would be >6 months in total.
I read on NS.sg online article that I just have to reapply MNC notification and apply for Exit Permit together, which I both did. Apparently Exit Permit is successfully already, so all gucci. Then I went to reread my ICT deferment letter. They mentioned something like I will be called up for MUT with another unit 13-27 July and I just realized that my return flight reaches Singapore on 14.
It slipped my mind that they had put an exact date in the letter because I received 0 notifications or call ups and whatnot despite it being about 7 weeks away. I had the notion that it was gonna be in late July or August which I was fine with. I also read an old thread: Post #11 which had some rule that MUT must notify you 3 months in advance, however I can't find that article online anymore. The new article said something about receiving HK MUT within 2 months, but it's less than 2 months already, but the article also never say anything about what to do if MUT notification is sent without due notice.
What are my options here and what can I do sia? I really have no qualms about serving my 2 weeks and it is an honest mistake that slipped my mind. I emailed ns.sg already and waiting for response but now I really quite gan chiong because I humji af and hopefully some of y'all can have some insight or experience???
Best case: No MUT and everything okay (since EP already approved)
Mid case: New unit CO okay with me reporting for MUT on 14 July (I touch down 9am) and just go through MUT which is okay also
Worse case: Cancel my plans and reschedule flight back and lose all my ****ing money???
Worst case: Somehow get fined 10k and jailed 3 years??? (ok this one quite unlikely)
Also, while we're at this, after I ORD-ed, I have had some kind of medical review that somehow got me down PES-ed. Like, at the interview with the board of MOs, I told them explicitly I don't wanna down PES, but end up downgraded anyway. Questin is how do I up PES again ah? I had some NS medical card that covers my medical bills for the injury I sustained during NS for life but I think I lost it....... Will I still be covered if I go back and schedule a session with the specialist to recommend up PES? Personally I just want the easy IPPT money la since up PES or not (currently pes C something, cannot rmb, but still have to go outfield) I still have to go outfield and do the same thing, just no IPPT and route march, but I arti, no route march anyways.
Thanks ah bros, please help a gan chiong spider in need.
Just want rant and also to put it out there in case anyone in a similar situation then can help ma.
) But still, thanks for the reply ya.