Hyperdia ceased service

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Halo green

Banned
Reaction score
navitime can't even find new chitose airport
Navitime is glitchy, sometimes you cannot enter departyre or arrival stations.

Last edited:

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You can also install the JNTO Japan Official Travel App. Not sure if it uses route search by Navitime but their UI quite simple and intuitive, with the option to choose JR pass usage (for free) too.

shawny17

Reaction score
Hmm...you guys are right. Pity, really depended on Hyperdia previously to move around in Japan. However, I am still at planning stage for upcoming trip so the fact that the website is alive and kicking works well for me now. I like the fact that it allows me to sieve out just JR routes so that I can calculate my cost savings and see if it's worthwhile to get the JR Pass. Can't do that with Jorudan currently unless I pay for their service.

toocoolz

Reaction score
Download this app called Japan transit. Using it now in Japan and it has all the train info.

abutan

Reaction score
Does any service tells us which platform the train departs from? hyperdia used to tell us that and its so convenient. Without it, going to confusing esp for big stations like shinjuku

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Does any service tells us which platform the train departs from? hyperdia used to tell us that and its so convenient. Without it, going to confusing esp for big stations like shinjuku
Both Google maps and the JNTO app which I mentioned in one of the posts above do list the platform of the trains.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both Google maps and the JNTO app which I mentioned in one of the posts above do list the platform of the trains.
Agree! and Apple's map app is good, Japan Travel by Navitime is also good.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, now my planning have to use navitimes, hyperdia and google maps(for platform)...

oarfish72

Reaction score
https://www.japan-guide.com/news/0057.html
If don't wanna pay for the Jorudan's subscription, can consider using https://japantravel.navitime.com/en/area/jp/route/ for non-Nozomi shinkansen (for JR pass user, you can it under The type of Pass).

Combine with https://roote.ekispert.net/en to display the train platform #. For Ekispert (offer many of the same features as HyperDia), has to re-select Rate instead of Arrival time after the search to display non-Nozomi shinkansen.

oarfish72

Reaction score
hi, for the https://roote.ekispert.net/en , how do you actually "re-select " Rate instead of Arrival time after the search to display non-Nozomi shinkansen. ? I tried, but it's not showing non-Nozomi shinkansen, many thanks for your help

abutan

Reaction score
Any app that allows for timetable search like the old hyperdia use to?

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any app that allows for timetable search like the old hyperdia use to?
The JR sites claims got "timetable" but like don't have leh. I usually prefer to shortlist a few train departure timings ahead of the travel date. ☹️

Hyperdia used to provide all the possible routes/trains for a particular journey.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.