i5 or i7 for 3D modeling

Mikemike123

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Hello, I'm not sure how the i5 and i7 will perform for 3D modeling software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks. Would there be a big difference in performance and loading times between the i5 and i7?

Thanks
 

cloud0

Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2004
Messages
348
Reaction score
28
I'm pretty sure you should be more concerned about the GPU than the CPU.
 

Mikemike123

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2019
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Yea, I'm definitely getting a dedicated GPU laptop but I'm unsure whether I should go with an i5 or i7 core
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
It would help but the difference might be marginal. Maybe 5-10% faster with a i7?
 

5star_pundit

Banned
Joined
Aug 11, 2015
Messages
26,740
Reaction score
6
Hello, I'm not sure how the i5 and i7 will perform for 3D modeling software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks. Would there be a big difference in performance and loading times between the i5 and i7?

Thanks

Buy Ryzen la 12 Core 24 Threads
All the processing work including autocad can fly
 

flee0308

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2010
Messages
1,422
Reaction score
163
The people talking about graphic card and i5 have no idea what they're talking about. Cadding is primarily single threaded operation. Most important is to get loads of ram (at least 16gb), followed by an i7, then if you have budget leftover, graphic card.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top