Interview for Research Officer -DXO

MakoNeko

Master Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
2,686
Reaction score
0
Hi, does anyone know what responsibilities the job entails? Online descriptions are vague.

I just got a call for an interview for this posting. Went for the psychometric test quite some time ago.

I didn't do too well in my last year of uni - just grad, but slipped very slightly short of upper honours.

Would it be worth it to try for this posting? I have a current offer for an editorial position for a magazine firm... but the starting pay is really low, so I am really looking for an alternative in this.

Does anyone have any information to share? Would really appreciate! :)
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
Hi, does anyone know what responsibilities the job entails? Online descriptions are vague.

I just got a call for an interview for this posting. Went for the psychometric test quite some time ago.

I didn't do too well in my last year of uni - just grad, but slipped very slightly short of upper honours.

Would it be worth it to try for this posting? I have a current offer for an editorial position for a magazine firm... but the starting pay is really low, so I am really looking for an alternative in this.

Does anyone have any information to share? Would really appreciate! :)
I think this job "research officer" is kind of classified, and the classified nature of this job is probably why there's not much info abt it.

and because it seems "classified" by posting here seems not like a good idea. basically u may hv "destroyed" ur chances? cause "classified" stuff still ask in open forum? ain't wise ain't it?
 

bugmenot45

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2011
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
0
if you don't have min second upper degree, my advice is don't choose any SAF jobs. your career opportunities are severely limited. and very hard to switch jobs after that because employers elsewhere don't see any transferable skills.

ps: are you good in writing? my company is looking for someone with good writing skills... thought you might be interested.
 

Tokieda

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2000
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
23
what writing skills? can pm me?

if you don't have min second upper degree, my advice is don't choose any SAF jobs. your career opportunities are severely limited. and very hard to switch jobs after that because employers elsewhere don't see any transferable skills.

ps: are you good in writing? my company is looking for someone with good writing skills... thought you might be interested.
 

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2000
Messages
34,529
Reaction score
2,863
Hi, does anyone know what responsibilities the job entails? Online descriptions are vague.

I just got a call for an interview for this posting. Went for the psychometric test quite some time ago.

I didn't do too well in my last year of uni - just grad, but slipped very slightly short of upper honours.

Would it be worth it to try for this posting? I have a current offer for an editorial position for a magazine firm... but the starting pay is really low, so I am really looking for an alternative in this.

Does anyone have any information to share? Would really appreciate! :)

Does this job require you to do research outdoors and at funy timings frequently? Got to ask yourself if you like it.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top