Is MediaTek SoC phones usable?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
guess people root their phone to make it less laggy?

There are pros and cons to rooting. However, it is not a simple task that most will undertake. Plus, you don't know what will break with a rooted device.

Personally, I won't go through the trouble. The more hardcore users will do it I suppose.
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
mediatek p60 is hopefully going to be a real competitor to the sd 660.
Still waiting for full battery reviews on the oppo f7

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

I believe if MT can shrink their X2x series to 14nm, they can be a formidable SOC in the mid range which is currently dominated by slow 8 cores with slow graphics.
 

bunnypangsai

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
9,939
Reaction score
39
There are pros and cons to rooting. However, it is not a simple task that most will undertake. Plus, you don't know what will break with a rooted device.

Personally, I won't go through the trouble. The more hardcore users will do it I suppose.

my experience with android phone is that they tend to bootloop after one year :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top