JLPT N5 Preparation

Nethergate

Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
356
Reaction score
1
Hi guys,

I am planning to take JLPT N5 this July and studying under Bunka school.

But I don't intend to take preparation class as I heard that N5 is quite manageable. I just want to do self study to prepare for the test.

Do you guys have any textbook/exercise book to recommend? There are too many different books for N5 at Kinokuniya and they are all wrapped up so don't know what is good.
 

MoxLotus

Master Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
4
get minna no nihongo grammar book with english translation(yellow in color 初級I)
get a N5 word list(can compile it from online source)
try to memorize 50 words every week as u still have some time till the july paper.

In addition to those, u can get some assessment books to help with ur revision near the exam date..

Basically those are the things that I have done 5 years ago. planning to self-study for N4/N3 this yr.
 

Nethergate

Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
356
Reaction score
1
minna no nihongo grammar book is for self-studying of the basics of Japanese? I am already studying under Bunka school and have reached the recommended level to take JLPT 5.

I guess I am more looking for assessment books for revision and prepare for JLPT 5. Can share any recommended revision books?


get minna no nihongo grammar book with english translation(yellow in color 初級I)
get a N5 word list(can compile it from online source)
try to memorize 50 words every week as u still have some time till the july paper.

In addition to those, u can get some assessment books to help with ur revision near the exam date..

Basically those are the things that I have done 5 years ago. planning to self-study for N4/N3 this yr.
 

MoxLotus

Master Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
2,982
Reaction score
4
minna no nihongo grammar book is for self-studying of the basics of Japanese? I am already studying under Bunka school and have reached the recommended level to take JLPT 5.

I guess I am more looking for assessment books for revision and prepare for JLPT 5. Can share any recommended revision books?

past year jlpt papers for N5
The hardest part of jlpt is listening, which I have no idea how you can train for it...
 

haato89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
8,946
Reaction score
29
past year jlpt papers for N5
The hardest part of jlpt is listening, which I have no idea how you can train for it...

Listeb to the minna no nihongo lesson CDs and the listening CDs from sample papers

Just keep listening to them on repeat to familiarise yourself with the speed and vocab covered then you should be fine

Good luck!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top