Keyboard recommendation/deals?

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
I bought the tecware phantom keyboard after hearing all the good reviews and feedback about it. It is a good keyboard but one thing I don’t really like about it is that the area of the keys are small. Sometimes during typing, there is the tendency to press a few keys at once. Over time this issue just makes me more frustrated. Any keyboard recommendations with large area keys? (I previously used an ASUS gaming laptop before switching to this keyboard. ASUS laptop keyboard keys have large area)

get used to it
 

Kamalraj07

Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2014
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Try using SA profile keycaps. IIRC Phantom's using DSA profile as with pretty much any mainstream mech keeb.

I’ll take a look at them. Thanks for the recommendation. I think ultimately have to go and try a keyboard before purchasing one. Shouldn’t just buy based on reviews.

get used to it

Yeah, seems like it’s the only way to go. Am trying to get used to it actually.
 

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
16,609
Reaction score
577
I bought the tecware phantom keyboard after hearing all the good reviews and feedback about it. It is a good keyboard but one thing I don’t really like about it is that the area of the keys are small. Sometimes during typing, there is the tendency to press a few keys at once. Over time this issue just makes me more frustrated. Any keyboard recommendations with large area keys? (I previously used an ASUS gaming laptop before switching to this keyboard. ASUS laptop keyboard keys have large area)

Which part is small?

Using 104 keys all standard size...

Anyway, u need to get used to the keyboard also.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
My Blackwidow 2014 is dying and I need a replacement... Is there mechanical keyboard <100 that is good? Or any keyboard that goes on sale for a good price often?

qoo10 has ARMAGEDDON. without number pad $40-$20=20 using new mastercard promo
 

LiangZhuge

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
you can also try Motospeed brand, there are using Otemu switches as well. RGB bling bling summore but I just off it.

I have the blue switch version which I bought from shopee for around $50+. I think they have red, brown and blue just be careful not to buy the wrong version as they have 'mechanical feel' membrane keyboard as well but the price is much cheaper.

Took a couple of weeks to arrive from China (free delivery).

Also I think you can't go wrong with Tecware Phantom which uses the same Otemu switch as well. Built quality Tecware just a bit better than Motospeed in my opinion and is currently my daily driver.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
you can also try Motospeed brand, there are using Otemu switches as well. RGB bling bling summore but I just off it.

I have the blue switch version which I bought from shopee for around $50+. I think they have red, brown and blue just be careful not to buy the wrong version as they have 'mechanical feel' membrane keyboard as well but the price is much cheaper.

Took a couple of weeks to arrive from China (free delivery).

Also I think you can't go wrong with Tecware Phantom which uses the same Otemu switch as well. Built quality Tecware just a bit better than Motospeed in my opinion and is currently my daily driver.

that armageddon TKL is using what type ah?
 

LiangZhuge

Junior Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
that armageddon TKL is using what type ah?

Armageddon I dunno, I only used Tecware and Motospeed before.

From their website, seems to be Outemu as well. They also have those rubber dome types so better to make sure the model and ask the seller etc.

leapfroglobal.com/amg/keyboards/mka-7c-psycheagle-2017.html
 

morkutao

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2009
Messages
2,283
Reaction score
6
I bought the tecware phantom keyboard after hearing all the good reviews and feedback about it. It is a good keyboard but one thing I don’t really like about it is that the area of the keys are small. Sometimes during typing, there is the tendency to press a few keys at once. Over time this issue just makes me more frustrated. Any keyboard recommendations with large area keys? (I previously used an ASUS gaming laptop before switching to this keyboard. ASUS laptop keyboard keys have large area)

no such issues leh~

:s11:
 

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
36,811
Reaction score
6
been using the Tecware brown at home and really like it alot

are there any alternatives for office use? Need it to be quieter than Tecware Brown. Will the Red switches be significantly quieter?

Thanks...
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,079
Reaction score
1,770
been using the Tecware brown at home and really like it alot

are there any alternatives for office use? Need it to be quieter than Tecware Brown. Will the Red switches be significantly quieter?

Thanks...

I don't think that there is a mechanical keyboard quiet enough for office use.
 

d3adc3II

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2006
Messages
700
Reaction score
64
Try using SA profile keycaps. IIRC Phantom's using DSA profile as with pretty much any mainstream mech keeb.


Phantom is not using DSA profile, more like CHerry or OEM profile.


I don't think there is that many mainstream keyb that use DSA. I only know Vortex Race 3.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top