KRISFLYER VS ASIA MILES

Daniel.Winn

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
214
Reaction score
0
As has been mentioned a number of times, award tickets (even accumulated with bums in seats) are really only worthwhile if you would like to take premium seats (Business & First), and particularly for long haul flights. If you are happy in Economy class in any airline, you can find discounted fairs on some airline at the price that SQ or CX would charge you for the award ticket's tax & surcharges.

So, in general, are these air miles thingy only good for claiming business & first class?
What you said is true tho. I'm lately into this air miles thingy. I checked SIN-LHR-SIN round trip and found that fuel surcharges+taxes cost about $800 for economy class after paying 60,000 miles on BA. Basically, we are paying for $800~$900 for 60,000 miles. While on the other hand, for business class ~$1,200 and 120,000 miles for ~$8000 ticket. On top of that, we can claim >100% KF? Are my assumptions correct?

Any suggestion on premium economy (not business or first class)? Is is worth to claim also?

I've never flown on those classes before except economy at cheapest fare which I think in KF, can earn 10% only.
Cuz the higher class it is, the longer period for me to accumulate.
 

swatchie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
7,629
Reaction score
6
So, in general, are these air miles thingy only good for claiming business & first class?
What you said is true tho. I'm lately into this air miles thingy. I checked SIN-LHR-SIN round trip and found that fuel surcharges+taxes cost about $800 for economy class after paying 60,000 miles on BA. Basically, we are paying for $800~$900 for 60,000 miles. While on the other hand, for business class ~$1,200 and 120,000 miles for ~$8000 ticket. On top of that, we can claim >100% KF? Are my assumptions correct?

Any suggestion on premium economy (not business or first class)? Is is worth to claim also?

I've never flown on those classes before except economy at cheapest fare which I think in KF, can earn 10% only.
Cuz the higher class it is, the longer period for me to accumulate.

Redemptions are not entitled to mileage claims.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top