Kunming Dali Lijiang

Starabby

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
769
Reaction score
611
Anyone know currently in Kunming, Dali and Lijiang is it only able use cash or only wechat, Alipay and DiDi app for shopping and transport ? I heard in Fujian not able to use cash now. Please advise, thank you.
 

wuso

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
926
Reaction score
85
I was just in fuzhou,xiamen etc in oct/nov, and I could still use cash for transport, food, attractions etc. So your info abt Fujian not entirely correct. I think its unlikely there is no-cash acceptance in Yunnan...
 

beanstalk6

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 15, 2000
Messages
10,022
Reaction score
1,917
Don't scare yourself. Cash is always acceptable. The Chinese government hasnt banned that yet.
 

Starabby

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2018
Messages
769
Reaction score
611
I was just in fuzhou,xiamen etc in oct/nov, and I could still use cash for transport, food, attractions etc. So your info abt Fujian not entirely correct. I think its unlikely there is no-cash acceptance in Yunnan...

One of my friend just back from Fujian and according to her that without download the Didi and she is unable to stop or call any taxi and most of the shop will ask for Alipay instead of cash.
 

g_t2006

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
5,272
Reaction score
728
One of my friend just back from Fujian and according to her that without download the Didi and she is unable to stop or call any taxi and most of the shop will ask for Alipay instead of cash.

Let's put it this way, Dali and Lijiang are hot tourist spots. Do you think they don't want business from the tourists who don't have Alipay? Do you think that they are trying to push the tourists away by not accepting cash? Cash is still very much king everywhere in China.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top