Laptop case coming off when lid opens

Jon988

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

CafTIrgl.jpg





Am facing this problem above when I open my laptop screen. I can also hear a creaking sound. The screw holding the bottom of the laptop to the top is loose and keeps screwing, I am also unable to remove it.

How can I remove the loose screw, and what else can I do? Get a replacement screw?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,475
Reaction score
6,015
That screw point inside is chassis is crack, this is a probook?
Costly to replace it.
Some probook models I know have such issues.
 

Jon988

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
That screw point inside is chassis is crack, this is a probook?
Costly to replace it.
Some probook models I know have such issues.

Hi, no this is an Asus laptop from 2015

Will there be any complications if I leave it as it is? The other areas at the bottom are all well screwed

I suspect it's the screw that's faulty as I am unable to remove the screw as well.


Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2011
Messages
17,194
Reaction score
1,010
Hi, no this is an Asus laptop from 2015

Will there be any complications if I leave it as it is? The other areas at the bottom are all well screwed

I suspect it's the screw that's faulty as I am unable to remove the screw as well.


Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

Sent to a notebook repair shop to repair it.
 

Jon988

Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2015
Messages
129
Reaction score
0
Hi all, I've fixed it myself, to all who encounter this problem, I fixed it by opening up the bottom, there was a loose screw flying around inside, looked for an empty nut near the corner where the bottom was opening and screwed it in and voila, fixed

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT
 
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
343
Reaction score
14
Hi all,

CafTIrgl.jpg





Am facing this problem above when I open my laptop screen. I can also hear a creaking sound. The screw holding the bottom of the laptop to the top is loose and keeps screwing, I am also unable to remove it.

How can I remove the loose screw, and what else can I do? Get a replacement screw?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

what is the brand of laptop? model? I had similar issues with ACER.
It appears poor engineering design.
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
Hi, no this is an Asus laptop from 2015

Will there be any complications if I leave it as it is? The other areas at the bottom are all well screwed

I suspect it's the screw that's faulty as I am unable to remove the screw as well.


Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6000 using GAGT

Common for ASUS notebook. Either plastics is gone or the laptop hinge. Asus notebook is nice to look but never last. My Asus went back twice during warranty, the service person seem to know it well even before I open my laptop. Lucky replaced free during warranty.

PS, by the way, not sure about your model. You can buy ASUS casing from Taobao.
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top