Laptop old liao got problem

Technical Xman

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2019
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
I on my laptop and suddenly become very slow.

I got do partition and got C Drive and D Drive.

Now I can still see them but my D Drive (partitioned) don;t show the status bar and cannot go in any more.

2 main problem : Start up very very slow and D Drive cannot go in.

If really cannot then at least need to salvage the hdd. Most of my stuff is in D Drive.
 

SiaoAngMoh

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2000
Messages
1,507
Reaction score
29
Sounds like the HDD is dying.

Replace it with an SSD, and restore the files you need from your backup, which of course you have.
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,963
Reaction score
2,570
I on my laptop and suddenly become very slow.

I got do partition and got C Drive and D Drive.

Now I can still see them but my D Drive (partitioned) don;t show the status bar and cannot go in any more.

2 main problem : Start up very very slow and D Drive cannot go in.

If really cannot then at least need to salvage the hdd. Most of my stuff is in D Drive.

usually the chances of getting back data from a "raw" partition drive is pretty low.

this proves that your HDD is almost dead. most of the software recovery can't recover much also.

so be prepared for 100% data lost.
 

oddeye82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
14,844
Reaction score
2,442
Time to buy a new laptop already. I just bought a new laptop to replace my old (5 years) laptop. My old laptop also start up very slow and keeps on updating dunno what everytime I start it. Since no more support for Win 7 and it starts up so slow, I decided to bug a new one.

I on my laptop and suddenly become very slow.

I got do partition and got C Drive and D Drive.

Now I can still see them but my D Drive (partitioned) don;t show the status bar and cannot go in any more.

2 main problem : Start up very very slow and D Drive cannot go in.

If really cannot then at least need to salvage the hdd. Most of my stuff is in D Drive.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top