Looking for new GPU + PSU

Inumayobaka

Junior Member
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I am having some problem with my GPU.
When I turn on my computer, my screen remain blank.
Plugging the monitor to my on board graphics detects the system.
I intend to get a new GPU but it might require a new PSU.
Anyone out there who could offer me a reasonable price for both?
Unless you think my PSU can handle the GPU you recommend...
This is my current PSU. Cooler Master: Thunder M 620W
This is my current GPU. Radeon HD 7850.
I do not mind a second hand GPU as I am only looking to replace this current one. I bought it for about $300 previously.
I am only concerned about my PSU being able to handle the new GPU.
 

cenedra

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
11,121
Reaction score
0
my 620w seasonic can handle my overclocked i2500k + overclocked R9 290 + 1 SSD + 2 HDD. The R9 290 requires alot more power than ur 7850, somemore i overclocked it and my CPU.

Add: Prior to getting the R9 290, i was running a 7850 with a 500w silverstone PSU. That PSU dont have a 8 pin connector for my R9 290, thats why i buy a new PSU.
 
Last edited:

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,247
Reaction score
5,674
I am running sli 670gtx x2 i5 with 3hdd and 2 ssd on cm 620w psu, u say then?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top