[LOST] Need help for a pc build!

irfaanvex

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here but I really need some advice.
I have no knowledge in building a pc whatsoever but any help would be much appreciated!

Budget : 1.5k - 1.8k
Purpose : Gaming, Video Editing, Music Recording

I play games such as DOTA 2, L4D2, CS:GO and I intend to edit some music recording on this pc as well. I am lost and I don't know where I should start. So please help me guys!! :)
 

Alternative X

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
0
1) Please name all video editing software that you are using and the level of video/music editing that you are doing.
2) Need KB, mice, monitor, OS?
 

dreadknight

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,928
Reaction score
226
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here but I really need some advice.
I have no knowledge in building a pc whatsoever but any help would be much appreciated!

Budget : 1.5k - 1.8k
Purpose : Gaming, Video Editing, Music Recording

I play games such as DOTA 2, L4D2, CS:GO and I intend to edit some music recording on this pc as well. I am lost and I don't know where I should start. So please help me guys!! :)

old pc how old?
list down specs if can (possible to salvage some parts to put in new one)
 

irfaanvex

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
1) Please name all video editing software that you are using and the level of video/music editing that you are doing.
2) Need KB, mice, monitor, OS?

Hi, I'm probably going to use vegas pro and it's not at a high level of what i'm doing. Pretty basic as I'm not an expert in any. And i prefer to use windows 7 and I don't need a kb and mouse as I already have one. But i do need a monitor and i would prefer a slighty larger monitor than the average ones haha
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
What 1.8k can get you

MSI B85M G43 + i5-4460 ~ $355
Crucial 8gb 1600mhz Value Ram ~ $200
WD Blue 1tb ~ $67
Crucial MX100 256gb ~ $155
Powercolor r9 270 2gb Turbo Duo ~ $257
Superflower HX500 500w 80+ Gold Semi Modular PSU ~ $88
Corsair Obsidian 350D ~ $139
LG DVD Drive with Cyberlink Software ~ $21
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM ~ $115
Dell U2414H 23.8inch eIPS Panel ~ $340

Total ~ $1737. Buy at tradepac. DIY
 

Alternative X

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
2,322
Reaction score
0
PU+ Mobo: MSI B85-G41 PC MATE+ i5 4460 (348)
RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600MHZ ( 4GBx2pcs ) CL9 (119)
GPU: LEADTEK GTX 750 TI 2GB O.C (225)
SSD: SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD (189)
HDD: TOSHIBA 1TB 7200RPM (69)
DVD-RW: LG 24X DVD-RW SATA OEM (25)
PSU: SEASONIC S12G-Non MODULAR 550W (105)
Case: DEEP COOL TESSERACT (65)
OS: WINDOWS 7 HOME PREM (120)
Monitor: AOC 24" e2461Fwh (219)

Total Cost: $1484

Buy at PC Themes, #04-15, and ask for discounts. DIY yourself. If you can't into DIY, go to PC Care & Solution at #02-32 and ask Nigel to help you assemble for a fee.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top