Lost pictures when taken with note 3

rohani

Junior Member
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone. I have this weird problem with my Note 3 as all the pictures that I take with it just gone missing. After i take the picture i can still see it saved but then few minutes later it just disappear.

Even if i use another camera app other than the stock, it is still the same. I have search all my folders so I'm sure that its really nowhere. All other features are working great except for this. Has anyone have the same experience? I tried searching google but can't find as well.

Thanks in advance
 

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 3, 2006
Messages
15,169
Reaction score
2,883
Hi everyone. I have this weird problem with my Note 3 as all the pictures that I take with it just gone missing. After i take the picture i can still see it saved but then few minutes later it just disappear.

Even if i use another camera app other than the stock, it is still the same. I have search all my folders so I'm sure that its really nowhere. All other features are working great except for this. Has anyone have the same experience? I tried searching google but can't find as well.

Thanks in advance
clear stock camera cache and see how
 

Xerovix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,812
Reaction score
71
Hi everyone. I have this weird problem with my Note 3 as all the pictures that I take with it just gone missing. After i take the picture i can still see it saved but then few minutes later it just disappear.

Even if i use another camera app other than the stock, it is still the same. I have search all my folders so I'm sure that its really nowhere. All other features are working great except for this. Has anyone have the same experience? I tried searching google but can't find as well.

Thanks in advance

using stock camera and viewing gallery?
 

tltan86

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
633
Reaction score
1
Hi everyone. I have this weird problem with my Note 3 as all the pictures that I take with it just gone missing. After i take the picture i can still see it saved but then few minutes later it just disappear.

Even if i use another camera app other than the stock, it is still the same. I have search all my folders so I'm sure that its really nowhere. All other features are working great except for this. Has anyone have the same experience? I tried searching google but can't find as well.

Thanks in advance

Hi @rohani, any updates/solution to this? My friend's Note 3 just have his photos disappeared suddenly from "/DCIM/Camera" directory entirely. :eek:
 

tltan86

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
633
Reaction score
1
Sorry for this ultra late follow up:

The amazing thing is that even if I imaged the entire Note 3 EMMC storage (/data, /system, /sdcard, etc.), I couldn't retrieve any of his photos using file recovery utility! OMG! Really what the fish lor... Really don't know where the photos have gone to... Couldn't be that the photos have been overwritten because my friend did not continue to use much after couldn't able to locate himself, and have the phone switched off.

:s22:
 
Last edited:

tjkb230

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2004
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
75
Check if the memory card is causing the issue. I had this happened to me previously, after changing card, no more such issue. Is it SanDisk card?
 

tltan86

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
633
Reaction score
1
Hi bro, the photos are stored in the internal memory. Till now I still don't have a clue what's happening...
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Can you store other files on the Note 3 and not have them disappear?

I had the same issue with a Sandisk SD card. Turns out it was spoilt and refused to write files.
 

tltan86

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
633
Reaction score
1
It is not sd card issue. No sd card inserted then. Files are stored in the internal memory. Just out of sudden gone.

Anyway, this case have been closed. Ha. I just happen to come back across. :p
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
It is not sd card issue. No sd card inserted then. Files are stored in the internal memory. Just out of sudden gone.

Anyway, this case have been closed. Ha. I just happen to come back across. :p

Yeah it could be the internal memory is experiencing the same thing :)
 

tltan86

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
633
Reaction score
1
@trenzterra bro, talking about this, i just followed up with my friend, he no more experiencing this issue liao...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top