MacBook Air or Pro for Uni?

boiboi86

Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2001
Messages
438
Reaction score
0
I would rather you get the option 3 but with the default i5. Why? because a dedicated graphic will have more significant impact. nevertheless, it is still a capable machine for fcpx.

if you are doing video often enough, 256gb is really tight and you need to make transfer to external storage frequently.

like PetPet said, if you are going to bootcamp, 256gb is super difficult to work with because you ended up with not much storage available on both macOS and Windows.


Thanks all for the suggestion.

Hi ashhong, option 3 does not have dedicated graphics.
The options given are from the brochure given in the acceptance package from poly, not sure if I can request for any other configuration.
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
Thanks all for the suggestion.

Hi ashhong, option 3 does not have dedicated graphics.
The options given are from the brochure given in the acceptance package from poly, not sure if I can request for any other configuration.

Yes, all the 13" doesn't have dedicated graphic. That why i said there isn't much point to get the i7.
 

Durron

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2004
Messages
529
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, appreciate all the replies. Its been about a month since I've purchased the MBP, looking at what accessories I should get for it.

Do people normally get keyboard protectors? There don't seem to be much options yet in the market for the MBP 13" Non-Touch Bar model, and the only one I can find so far is this. Has anyone used a Mazer keyboard protector before, if so, is it good?
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, appreciate all the replies. Its been about a month since I've purchased the MBP, looking at what accessories I should get for it.

Do people normally get keyboard protectors? There don't seem to be much options yet in the market for the MBP 13" Non-Touch Bar model, and the only one I can find so far is this. Has anyone used a Mazer keyboard protector before, if so, is it good?

personally, I don't see the need for the keyboard protector unless you are scare of pouring water over it.

i might want a screen protector because the screen is super hard to clean. If anyone have any tips on the screen, do let me know.
 

lexmarq

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2009
Messages
485
Reaction score
6
personally, I don't see the need for the keyboard protector unless you are scare of pouring water over it.

i might want a screen protector because the screen is super hard to clean. If anyone have any tips on the screen, do let me know.

I just use filtered pure water (it's abit overkill) with the provided microfibre cloth provided with the macbook pro to wipe the screen, maybe once every two weeks.

In the past, I used 70% ethanol with the microfibre cloth, but eventually I ended up with the screen delaminating issue in around a year, which I went to QCD to change via the quality program. Now I just use normal water with the cloth.
 

ashhong

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,051
Reaction score
0
I just use filtered pure water (it's abit overkill) with the provided microfibre cloth provided with the macbook pro to wipe the screen, maybe once every two weeks.

In the past, I used 70% ethanol with the microfibre cloth, but eventually I ended up with the screen delaminating issue in around a year, which I went to QCD to change via the quality program. Now I just use normal water with the cloth.

i think i had the same issue too, i merely used micro-fibre cloth with tap water.
 

msfluffycloud

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2017
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
tiny bit of issue

My macbook air is facing some issues with its software, it keeps lagging when im using it. May i get some advice??

I still am under apple care, shld i go get it checked by them?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top