[SIC] Hoot Club! Post Your Technology/Hardware Related Purchases Here! - Part 4

dereth

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,058
Reaction score
6,633
Bought 2 tb 990 Pro with Heatsink last year for $176.89. Intended to use for my PS5.

In the end, it's still unopened.

I should have bought more.

ZDhKobN.jpeg
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,364
Reaction score
10,224
Shopee 9.9 show hand again!? $330 off 1.5k! 18% off! 20% off off off

$425 for boxed 270k
$1175 for boxed 9950x3d2
$1.9k for asus 5080 lol cheapest is asus
$1.45k for palit 5070ti
 

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
263
Shopee 9.9 show hand again!? $330 off 1.5k! 18% off! 20% off off off

$425 for boxed 270k
$1175 for boxed 9950x3d2
$1.9k for asus 5080 lol cheapest is asus
$1.45k for palit 5070ti
I "accidentally" bought local set Intel 270k Plus at $328 :s22:
now need to find board.
 

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
263
where to get this insane price???

shocked-surprised.gif


get the amazon apex, you wont regret!
Lazada Vii PC, I have already added to cart for weeks, 9.9 sale I saw the price, hand auto click buy, MTL.
Ownself find ownself "happy" problem.

Edit: Apex is really so good ah? I'm a casual user, not an overclocker or enthusiast. Not sure if it's really worth buying an expensive board in the $400-500 range or just settling down for an okay board at half the range of $200-260.
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,812
Reaction score
1,110
where to get this insane price???

shocked-surprised.gif


get the amazon apex, you wont regret!
hmm,,.. maybe to some others will not regret.. if i am the one using, I definately will regret 🤭
  • M.2_3 & M.2_4 share bandwidth with PCIEX16(G5)_2.
  • When M.2_3 is enabled, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 & PCIEX16(G5)_2 will run x4.
  • When M.2_3 & M.2_4 are enabled, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 & PCIEX16(G5)_2 will disabled.
 

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
263
hmm,,.. maybe to some others will not regret.. if i am the one using, I definately will regret 🤭
  • M.2_3 & M.2_4 share bandwidth with PCIEX16(G5)_2.
  • When M.2_3 is enabled, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 & PCIEX16(G5)_2 will run x4.
  • When M.2_3 & M.2_4 are enabled, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 & PCIEX16(G5)_2 will disabled.
Wah chim, but in my mind, PCI E bandwidth generally is enough to share ba. because even PCIE 5 vs PCIE 4 in PGU also not really limiting.
Since you mention this, how does it compare with your Z890 AORUS Master?
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,364
Reaction score
10,224
hmm,,.. maybe to some others will not regret.. if i am the one using, I definately will regret 🤭
  • M.2_3 & M.2_4 share bandwidth with PCIEX16(G5)_2.
  • When M.2_3 is enabled, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 & PCIEX16(G5)_2 will run x4.
  • When M.2_3 & M.2_4 are enabled, PCIEX16(G5)_1 will run x8 & PCIEX16(G5)_2 will disabled.

just a limitation of desktop cpu pcie lanes. older HEDT have more cpu lanes.

intel series 2 i see the cpu lanes only have 20x pcie gen5 and 12x pcie gen4 and built in tb4/usb4.

for comparison, zen5 have 28x pcie gen5 lanes, their 800 series mb usually split into 16x gpu + 4x usb4 + 4x nvme + 4x chipset

motherboards can advertise how many slots and whatnot, but still limited by the cpu design.

@fkchon is that right?

for apex, you need to use the dimm2 card for your 3rd and 4th ssd if you want retain full x16 for gpu.

if you use 2 ssd, can put in m2_1 and m2_2 slots, and you still have x16 for gpu
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,812
Reaction score
1,110
Wah chim, but in my mind, PCI E bandwidth generally is enough to share ba. because even PCIE 5 vs PCIE 4 in PGU also not really limiting.
Since you mention this, how does it compare with your Z890 AORUS Master?
Aorus master Z890 no lane sharing and bonus is 10G nic, but I have to say first. If you are the kind who don't do clean up and just want to run, avoid Aorus Master z890 cos the thermal pad leak oil.. (Horrible)

Apex as why I say I will regret, that's based on my take.
  • 3 x M.2 slots will be on DIMM.2_Slot which is right infront of the DIMM Slots (Blockage of airflow)
  • 2nd the lane sharing of M.2_3 & M.2_4 with PCIEX16 (G5) (for a board of this caliber, should cater full x16 and not x8)
  • 3rd it's a shame. only one 5G lan port.
  • no back plate
Note : but I don't deny if you can get it 450+ and below 500 is all ok.

if you are not into Pro Ocing and just game and gain some uplift performance. Strix E or F, even TUF will be sufficient. Plus boot up will be much faster as not so much complicated PCIE Slots or m.2 or DIMM.2_Slot to verify.
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,364
Reaction score
10,224
Lazada Vii PC, I have already added to cart for weeks, 9.9 sale I saw the price, hand auto click buy, MTL.
Ownself find ownself "happy" problem.

Edit: Apex is really so good ah? I'm a casual user, not an overclocker or enthusiast. Not sure if it's really worth buying an expensive board in the $400-500 range or just settling down for an okay board at half the range of $200-260.

good because it is actively supported @fkchon and overall a flagship asus design that will filter downwards.

stacking amazon voucher now become $448...provided amazon germany will ship it :o
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,812
Reaction score
1,110
just a limitation of desktop cpu pcie lanes. older HEDT have more cpu lanes.

intel series 2 i see the cpu lanes only have 20x pcie gen5 and 12x pcie gen4 and built in tb4/usb4.

for comparison, zen5 have 28x pcie gen5 lanes, their 800 series mb usually split into 16x gpu + 4x usb4 + 4x nvme + 4x chipset

motherboards can advertise how many slots and whatnot, but still limited by the cpu design.

@fkchon is that right?

for apex, you need to use the dimm2 card for your 3rd and 4th ssd if you want retain full x16 for gpu.

if you use 2 ssd, can put in m2_1 and m2_2 slots, and you still have x16 for gpu
yup this I do know.. just me ba.. cos when I grab a board, I will want to fully use up feature set. If you ask me to compromised, I don't think I will grab the board. I am judging not on the price but on the actual useage of a premium board. Anyway for the current price at Amazon, I can't complain. 🤭
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,364
Reaction score
10,224
yup this I do know.. just me ba.. cos when I grab a board, I will want to fully use up feature set. If you ask me to compromised, I don't think I will grab the board. I am judging not on the price but on the actual useage of a premium board. Anyway for the current price at Amazon, I can't complain. 🤭

cheap flagship cpu
cheap flagship mb
cheap ssd ram soon!

Kioxia's CEO, Hiroo Ota, on memory prices and cooperation with SK Hynix: > "Prices have already risen enough."

good times are back!
 

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
5,812
Reaction score
1,110
cheap flagship cpu
cheap flagship mb
cheap ssd ram soon!



good times are back!
I think for most spender, it should be buy now last till 2028 or so before PCB, Sillicon and etc will be back to norm (Hopefully).. anyway speaking about Z890 boards, MSI have weird placement on 2 x 8Pin EPS. It's right above the Dimm Slots. I have a horrible time doing cable management where the 2 x 8pin EPS + 24pin + Type C + Type A cables to be tied at the center pillar (at the back), this make back panel hard to close properly, especially sleeve cables. donno what MSI is thinking.
 

yukita

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
8,650
Reaction score
263
good because it is actively supported @fkchon and overall a flagship asus design that will filter downwards.

stacking amazon voucher now become $448...provided amazon germany will ship it :o
As long as there is a date when you order, which Apex and Aorus Master currently have, most likely they will send. But if the order comes with dread message :

"We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date."​


Then it will be 50-50 that they will send and I would not put high hopes. I have an RTX 5080 Slim that has this msg.

Aorus master Z890 no lane sharing and bonus is 10G nic, but I have to say first. If you are the kind who don't do clean up and just want to run, avoid Aorus Master z890 cos the thermal pad leak oil.. (Horrible)

Apex as why I say I will regret, that's based on my take.
  • 3 x M.2 slots will be on DIMM.2_Slot which is right infront of the DIMM Slots (Blockage of airflow)
  • 2nd the lane sharing of M.2_3 & M.2_4 with PCIEX16 (G5) (for a board of this caliber, should cater full x16 and not x8)
  • 3rd it's a shame. only one 5G lan port.
  • no back plate
Note : but I don't deny if you can get it 450+ and below 500 is all ok.

if you are not into Pro Ocing and just game and gain some uplift performance. Strix E or F, even TUF will be sufficient. Plus boot up will be much faster as not so much complicated PCIE Slots or m.2 or DIMM.2_Slot to verify.

Actually, my usage will be very simple: just put in a 5070 Ti, 2TB Samsung 9100, and maybe just a 1TB additional NVMe SSD will do. Nothing complicated, and I don't think I'll hit any limits.

Actually, I can only imagine the thermal pad is a bit oily, but I cannot imagine why the thermal pad would leak oil :s22:

Incredible deal, more than $100 off.
I'm just lucky, happen to see this, and it was the last unit.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top