Need advise on maid

Ardelus

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2016
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Hello guys.

Not sure how to go about it, this is my first time hiring an Indo maid.

Yesterday she fell down while she was alone at home. My wife and I rushed back and noticed her toe was black and swollen. We brought her to a nearby GP, GP took x ray and it showed a fracture, so we brought her to TTSH emergency.

TTSH certified she is ok for light duty, splinted her toe, gave her painkillers. We decided to let her rest for the day. I specifically told her she can just rest as long as she needs coz we actually need her help for my newborn coming in mid-march. I told her just rest until mid March, take her meds, dont have to do anything its completely fine by me.

Early this morning she came banging on my room door crying that she wants to go back to the agency. No reason, no explanation. I tried to reason with her but she insists on going back to the agency. We had her for less than a month only. Furthermore her previous employment record was 2 weeks with another Singapore employer whom she requested to transfer out herself due to "falling from ladder"

Now I wanted to give her the benefit of doubt, but since she insists on going back to agency, I reviewed our agency contract. It shows that if I am to return her to the agent, I still have to pay her levy and 20 dollars per day for 30 days max or until she finds another employer. This amounts to 865 SGD.

Can I instead terminate her WP myself and get her on a plane back to Indonesia? Will that void the contract with the agency to replace me with another maid?

Hoping for experts help here.


Thanks
 

Arcanell

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,295
Reaction score
1
Early this morning she came banging on my room door crying that she wants to go back to the agency. No reason, no explanation. I tried to reason with her but she insists on going back to the agency. We had her for less than a month only. Furthermore her previous employment record was 2 weeks with another Singapore employer whom she requested to transfer out herself due to "falling from ladder"

From her past record, i certainly will not hire this maid.

Now I wanted to give her the benefit of doubt, but since she insists on going back to agency, I reviewed our agency contract. It shows that if I am to return her to the agent, I still have to pay her levy and 20 dollars per day for 30 days max or until she finds another employer. This amounts to 865 SGD.

Can I instead terminate her WP myself and get her on a plane back to Indonesia? Will that void the contract with the agency to replace me with another maid?

You will need to pay if you are 'kind-hearted' so that she can be transfer to other employer. Speak with your agency. Most maid agency promise free replacement within x number of month from employment. Have she collected her work permit or it is still in-principle approval? You can cancel during in-principle approval or even she's holding WP and buy a one way ticket home. It must be within 2 weeks from cancellation.
 

luvalist

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
1,751
Reaction score
15
Hello guys.

Not sure how to go about it, this is my first time hiring an Indo maid.

Yesterday she fell down while she was alone at home. My wife and I rushed back and noticed her toe was black and swollen. We brought her to a nearby GP, GP took x ray and it showed a fracture, so we brought her to TTSH emergency.

TTSH certified she is ok for light duty, splinted her toe, gave her painkillers. We decided to let her rest for the day. I specifically told her she can just rest as long as she needs coz we actually need her help for my newborn coming in mid-march. I told her just rest until mid March, take her meds, dont have to do anything its completely fine by me.

Early this morning she came banging on my room door crying that she wants to go back to the agency. No reason, no explanation. I tried to reason with her but she insists on going back to the agency. We had her for less than a month only. Furthermore her previous employment record was 2 weeks with another Singapore employer whom she requested to transfer out herself due to "falling from ladder"

Now I wanted to give her the benefit of doubt, but since she insists on going back to agency, I reviewed our agency contract. It shows that if I am to return her to the agent, I still have to pay her levy and 20 dollars per day for 30 days max or until she finds another employer. This amounts to 865 SGD.

Can I instead terminate her WP myself and get her on a plane back to Indonesia? Will that void the contract with the agency to replace me with another maid?

Hoping for experts help here.


Thanks

Ask agent to speak to her. In the meantime, ask agent to give u more profiles to choose.

If u terminate and send her back yourself, highly likely u can't get your replacement.

High chance to replace her coz you won't want someone with no "heart" to work to take care of your baby.
 

coey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
6,873
Reaction score
1,170
I think depend on the agency ? The agency which I went to , need to pay for free replacement for 6 mths as part of the package

Normally free replacement is within how many months
 

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,727
Reaction score
4
I think depend on the agency ? The agency which I went to , need to pay for free replacement for 6 mths as part of the package

yup depending on the agency you used. some is 6 months, some is 12 months, some offer unlimited switches.
 

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2014
Messages
14,639
Reaction score
907
yup depending on the agency you used. some is 6 months, some is 12 months, some offer unlimited switches.

unlimited switches also need to make sure MOM restrictions. they invite u for a kopi session if you change more than 3 in any 12 months.
 

williamgohsg

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
0
If you need a contact, PM me. My friend got a maid agency - contacts from Indo and Phil mostly. Quite good!
 

Titus3

Senior Member
Joined
May 27, 2015
Messages
977
Reaction score
10
Hello guys.

Not sure how to go about it, this is my first time hiring an Indo maid.

Yesterday she fell down while she was alone at home. My wife and I rushed back and noticed her toe was black and swollen. We brought her to a nearby GP, GP took x ray and it showed a fracture, so we brought her to TTSH emergency.

TTSH certified she is ok for light duty, splinted her toe, gave her painkillers. We decided to let her rest for the day. I specifically told her she can just rest as long as she needs coz we actually need her help for my newborn coming in mid-march. I told her just rest until mid March, take her meds, dont have to do anything its completely fine by me.

Early this morning she came banging on my room door crying that she wants to go back to the agency. No reason, no explanation. I tried to reason with her but she insists on going back to the agency. We had her for less than a month only. Furthermore her previous employment record was 2 weeks with another Singapore employer whom she requested to transfer out herself due to "falling from ladder"

Now I wanted to give her the benefit of doubt, but since she insists on going back to agency, I reviewed our agency contract. It shows that if I am to return her to the agent, I still have to pay her levy and 20 dollars per day for 30 days max or until she finds another employer. This amounts to 865 SGD.

Can I instead terminate her WP myself and get her on a plane back to Indonesia? Will that void the contract with the agency to replace me with another maid?

Hoping for experts help here.


Thanks

You need to study your contract and speak with the agency. However IMO, this kind is a mental problem and definitely cannot keep no matter what your agency tells you. If you don’t get rid of her now while you still have “warranty” you will face major problem once warranty period over. Moreover, you need someone who is reliable to take care of baby. This one definitely can’t be trusted.
 

Cheongster

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Like how we learn.. read more, listen more and speak more. If the maid is motivated, it will be easier i guess.

I am actually working on a product to help manage and motive domestic helper in Singapore. Drop me a PM if anyone is interested to find out more.
 

qhong61

Banned
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
72,695
Reaction score
12,126
Can recommend a good Indonesian maid agency to take care of elderly bed bound patient?
 

leogohcl

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2017
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hihi, beside ablebest, got any other agency to recommend? need someone to take care of infant.
 

coey

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2001
Messages
6,873
Reaction score
1,170
Hihi, beside ablebest, got any other agency to recommend? need someone to take care of infant.

Hi, it is a game of luck and chemistry. I think the agency doesn't really matter. U need to interview the fdw and see if can click as a employer.
One of my relative last time work in agency and she last minute hire a fdw who is not perfect such as
-Keeping spare change
-Family issues often
-talk back
Etc...
Subsequently when the fdw return and she change a new one which is really good. Eg
-off day only go to church and return back before 4pm(effectively her off is 11am -4pm as she help to settle chores b4 going of.)
-very automatic, will greet and serve visitors.
-closed to the employer and take great care of the kid who is 4 yrs and very active boy.

So i think it is about luck and affinity in some part
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top