Need help to use apps from China

gevicra

Reaction score
I’m trying to get my children AI reader from China because I can’t read chinese storybooks to them. I can’t be writing the characters on my iPhone one by one to figure out how to read them. The colourful and fun stories always got a bunch of hard to read words like 嘎嘎嘎 and other sound effect words which seriously dampen the enjoyment of reading if I’m checking how to pronounce them in the middle of reading.

I’ve contacted the sellers of the following AI readers and tried to download companion app before buying. They are available on Apple store but I cannot register because need China handphone number to register. Lucky I check before buying. But I realize this is a common issue for reputable brands.
优彼 - 伴读宝 app
火火兔 - 火火兔智能 app

Anyone has suggestion how I can bypass this? Should I go buy a prepaid card for China and maintain the number long term just to use China apps that need China number to register?

SibehHL

Reaction score
Not sure how it works but in Shopee, one can register a virtual Chinese mobile number as a SMS forwarding number (via WeChat), cost around $5 and number is valid for 90 days.

Once you have this number you can register an Apple ID for China.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.