Need help with PSU

luggagepls

Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
like which psu are u looking for? psu dying like how???

My PC has this issue whereby it just suddenly "cuts off", as if someone turned off the power. This issue is completely random, it can happen anytime within an hour from the previous instance or even last 36 hours before reoccurring...

It tries to boot up again after that, but fails. It tries to boot up yet again, but fails as well. This continues until I hold down the power button or it successfully boots up after X number of cycles/tries.

PC has been sent for diagnosis/troubleshooting by Aftershock but after doing CPU/GPU stress tests, the PC was still up and running... I did a Memtest at home and there wasn't any issues.

Hence, I am thinking to get a new PSU just to troubleshoot the issue... what do you think?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
My PC has this issue whereby it just suddenly "cuts off", as if someone turned off the power. This issue is completely random, it can happen anytime within an hour from the previous instance or even last 36 hours before reoccurring...

It tries to boot up again after that, but fails. It tries to boot up yet again, but fails as well. This continues until I hold down the power button or it successfully boots up after X number of cycles/tries.

PC has been sent for diagnosis/troubleshooting by Aftershock but after doing CPU/GPU stress tests, the PC was still up and running... I did a Memtest at home and there wasn't any issues.

Hence, I am thinking to get a new PSU just to troubleshoot the issue... what do you think?

Well if ur pc still in warranty with them, request for a replacement for your mobo and psu.
 

ezhikaie47

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
46
Reaction score
3
Well they are rock solid stable on 12v...the problem is that the other rails are not strong enough I guess. Having problems booting up and resuming from sleep.

I have the same problem. Using X650 Gold. So sad with their premium power supplies.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top