I'm considering to buy a neutral density filter but apart from big lee stopper what are some of the cheaper and better quality brands out there at the moment? Considered the cheaper ones on ebay but not really sure about the quality
Anybody used the Cokin one before? I, for some reason, prefer the big slided glass that is put in front of the camera instead so that I can use with different lenses.
Anybody used the Cokin one before? I, for some reason, prefer the big slided glass that is put in front of the camera instead so that I can use with different lenses.
Anybody used the Cokin one before? I, for some reason, prefer the big slided glass that is put in front of the camera instead so that I can use with different lenses.
I have these Cokin big slides one.
Good because you can manipulate the gradients for those which had a gradated ND..
Good use is when you have the light source you want to take out on the corners of the shot, you can rotate the gradated ND to face that side of the light source and reduce the intensity, while the subject is still un-ND'ed.
I use circular haida filters. Think they're pretty good value, for the price of a single B+W you can get 2 or more filters. If buy in China can be even cheaper. Only gripe is that they kinda have a slightly warm cast to it, but it's nothing lightroom can't fix. I think they also have square filters if you're after that.
Circular has a an issue is that you need to frame before you affix on the filter. Once you shift the camera or move around, you need to remove it to focus/frame again.
Thus the slot-in filters are a better choice when it comes ND filters. You can use Haida, NISI, LEE. Cokin filters, I find lower quality, that's just me.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.
Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.