NFC Service from Teleco

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,848
Reaction score
7
Hi Mod, not too sure where should this thread go but I believe this will be upcoming trend to use NFC services offer by all future teleco.

NFC aka Near Field Communication. I am a M1 user so I am posting M1 related information. For m1, I have this pre-installed app called M1 Mobile Wallet

Screenshot of app - M1 Wallet

c6lt.png


9p1c.png


Information

https://www.m1.com.sg/nfc/
https://www.m1.com.sg/Personal/FAQ/Add-Ons/NFCSERVICEFAQs

I am also pretty new to this service and probably we can share information and other queries. I believe this upcoming IT show will definitely be one of the time it will be launched and made known to the public.

What I know now.

- Your sim card need to be NFC enable or must have this features.
- These service was offered to me FOC as I just renew my contract.
- For re-contract customer you can opt for a normal sim card or NFC enable sim card, since it is FOC now, why not?

However participating merchants are quite limited for now.

Things that need to know basis

1) Prepaid Mastercard

- If this service is not use for consecutive 3 months, a 30 cents charges will applied

2) Ezlink features (Currently still not supported)

- activation should be the same as those CC
- Next time just tap your phone on the bus
 
Last edited:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
I've been using the SingTel version since mid of last year.

I have found little use for it so far--the ez-link CANNOT be used on buses and trains yet. So I just use it for my school's photocopying shop.

Plus there's a surcharge to pay when topping up the ez-link card. Apparently you can top it up at ATMs to avoid the convenience fee but I haven't found an ATM that accepts the NFC ez-link card yet.

Laughable support for now.
 

ComPuiTer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,848
Reaction score
7
I've been using the SingTel version since mid of last year.

I have found little use for it so far--the ez-link CANNOT be used on buses and trains yet. So I just use it for my school's photocopying shop.

Plus there's a surcharge to pay when topping up the ez-link card. Apparently you can top it up at ATMs to avoid the convenience fee but I haven't found an ATM that accepts the NFC ez-link card yet.

Laughable support for now.

Yea, it is kinda under utilize. I think they should not impose a 30 cents charges for not using the prepaid MasterCard for now...looking at the number of participating merchandise!

There is a surcharge for the auto topup, similar to those CC with ezlink features
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top