Note 2 newbie questions

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
21,949
Reaction score
3,921
Hi guys

Using a hand me down Note 2. About Device says the model is GT-N7105.

Is that the Note II LTE model? I presume this is so as it does not have FM radio.

Question is if it is LTE then how do I subscribe to Singtel 4G network. I am on their Postpaid LITE data bundled plan. I see no price plan for 4G and I thought I hear somewhere that 4G is offered to 3G plans for free at the moment.

However, in my daily use I have never seen the 4G icon appearing. It is always 3G, G, H or nothing.

Thanks for an insight offered.

Cheers
 

redchallenge

Senior Member
Joined
May 4, 2010
Messages
1,075
Reaction score
0
Hi guys

Using a hand me down Note 2. About Device says the model is GT-N7105.

Is that the Note II LTE model? I presume this is so as it does not have FM radio.

Question is if it is LTE then how do I subscribe to Singtel 4G network. I am on their Postpaid LITE data bundled plan. I see no price plan for 4G and I thought I hear somewhere that 4G is offered to 3G plans for free at the moment.

However, in my daily use I have never seen the 4G icon appearing. It is always 3G, G, H or nothing.

Thanks for an insight offered.

Cheers

first of all, yes it is a LTE version, by right u should get 4g the moment u plugged ur sim card in. wherever u go its always 3g?

maybe u can go to mobile network settings and see if LTE is turned on
 

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
21,949
Reaction score
3,921
first of all, yes it is a LTE version, by right u should get 4g the moment u plugged ur sim card in. wherever u go its always 3g?

maybe u can go to mobile network settings and see if LTE is turned on

Yes it is set to LTE mode. Is it auto when you subscribe with singtel or do you need to inform them?
 

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
21,949
Reaction score
3,921
Looks like I need to request to have it turned on for my number. Just confirmed with singtel.

Thanks
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top