Note 4 Home button and menu touch button

LeonaV

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
Those of you who have used Notes 2 before, will know that holding on to the Home button will bring out the task list. Instead, now the menu touch button of the Notes 4, is the one that bring out the task list. And now the Home button now brings out the Search. May I know if there is a way to switch to the notes 2 version of buttons, using the notes 4?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
U cant.. holding down the task button will bring out the menu key..
 

LeonaV

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
Ok, then how do I get rid of the annoying briefing app which is accessed by swiping left from default screen?
 

konglai

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Ok, then how do I get rid of the annoying briefing app which is accessed by swiping left from default screen?

Press and hold the left keys. Than under home screen setting.

Disable my magazine
 

LeonaV

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
627
Reaction score
0
Thanks that worked. So back to my original question, anyway to reverse the left key and the home button back to how it was in notes 2?
 

Alkamizt

Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Hmm... am I the only one that liked the magazine?

Anyway, Samsung must be under pressure from Google to remove those hardware buttons. Somehow I feel the Android team is going from bad to worse. The main reason why I'm still using Samsung devices is because they still have hardware buttons for home, back and menu, unlike almost all other manufacturers. Google should leave good enough alone. And don't get me started on the stupid security "enhancements" that they made to SD card access. First they removed our ability to install/move apps onto external SD cards. Then they removed our ability to write to our own SDcards with ordinary file explorers. What's next? No more SDcard support? Don't know what those geniuses are thinking back in Google.
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,215
Reaction score
3,691
Hmm... am I the only one that liked the magazine?

Anyway, Samsung must be under pressure from Google to remove those hardware buttons. Somehow I feel the Android team is going from bad to worse. The main reason why I'm still using Samsung devices is because they still have hardware buttons for home, back and menu, unlike almost all other manufacturers. Google should leave good enough alone. And don't get me started on the stupid security "enhancements" that they made to SD card access. First they removed our ability to install/move apps onto external SD cards. Then they removed our ability to write to our own SDcards with ordinary file explorers. What's next? No more SDcard support? Don't know what those geniuses are thinking back in Google.
That's why I still prefer Samsung.

Screen type home button will be accidentally pressed when you wanted to press space bar when typing. Very annoying.

Sent from GAGT Android App
 

StationA

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
201
Last edited:

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
235
FYI the physical button isn't controlled by Samsung as it's linked to the softwarsoftware which is Android, thus if android change their Software to Multitasking Samsung has to follow.

Imo I find the new button quite good, hate holding the button for multi. But pressing the new button seems lag, 1s delay before the list is brought up?
 

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2001
Messages
17,101
Reaction score
602
Hmm... am I the only one that liked the magazine?

Anyway, Samsung must be under pressure from Google to remove those hardware buttons. Somehow I feel the Android team is going from bad to worse. The main reason why I'm still using Samsung devices is because they still have hardware buttons for home, back and menu, unlike almost all other manufacturers. Google should leave good enough alone. And don't get me started on the stupid security "enhancements" that they made to SD card access. First they removed our ability to install/move apps onto external SD cards. Then they removed our ability to write to our own SDcards with ordinary file explorers. What's next? No more SDcard support? Don't know what those geniuses are thinking back in Google.

The hardware buttons are the reason why i'm not buying Samsung phones anymore.
it's so "not android" and "low tech". Everyone else is using software buttons already, LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC, everyone except Samsung.

as for the SD card access, Google’s Android does not like external storage, even when it’s your internal SD Card – it never has. Possibly out of simplicity, after all, it is much easier to control the file structure in one place, especially when it comes to removing an application – those pesky files all need to be removed for a nice clean uninstall.

Google said in their documentation that this was done to ensure “the system can clean up files when applications are uninstalled.” The important thing to realize here is that Google is saying that when an application is uninstalled, any information written in its private folder will be erased.
 

daniel_83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2001
Messages
17,101
Reaction score
602
Why Samsung change their button for menu? Quite disappointed

Sent from GAGT Android App

wah..

Android removed the menu button since ICE CREAM SANDWICH (4.0) in end 2011 (Welcome to 2014)

I believe the reason is because having all the options on the screen (even if hidden inside a drop-down menu) means that people are less likely to miss it. One can miss out on additional options in an app if one forgets to press the menu button. Seeing the option on the screen instantly makes it clear that there are in fact additional options available.
 

StationA

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2011
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
201
The hardware buttons are the reason why i'm not buying Samsung phones anymore.
it's so "not android" and "low tech". Everyone else is using software buttons already, LG, Sony, Motorola, HTC, everyone except Samsung.
I like those hardware buttons, I think many people are with me as Samsung sold more android phones than others. also if I don't want to use the hardware keys I can easily modify the system to disable them, just like in this post: Disable Soft/Capacitive Keys? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
 

JX1983

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2010
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1
I like those hardware buttons, I think many people are with me as Samsung sold more android phones than others. also if I don't want to use the hardware keys I can easily modify the system to disable them, just like in this post: Disable Soft/Capacitive Keys? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Same as u I prefer the hardware button that's y i didn't buy other brands and ever since been using note 2 till now still change back to note 4.. i still prefer hardware buttons..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top