- Joined
- Sep 17, 2011
- Messages
- 47,253
- Reaction score
- 5,238
The turning point was when PAP changed tactic and suddenly started saying that they may not form the government after election, that PAP may not be around after the election. Many people want some opposition in Parliament, but they are not sure if the opposition has the ability to form the new government.
The tipping point was when someone, I think from WP, was quoted as saying that the opposition cannot possibly form the next government yet, as they cannot even reach agreement on 3-party fights ! Seriously WTF, if that is not shooting themselves, I don't know what is !
When I saw this statement, I knew that a lot of people would immediately buy into PAP's "freak result" scare tactic of PAP losing most of the seats and being stuck with in-fighting among the opposition parties.
have to agree to a certain extent here.
DPM's smart move in dismissing the policy portion by saying middle class taxes will be raised if we used the alternative policies. coupled with your quote whereby incumbent may not form govt because if too many opps will be hard.
just nice with the haze and market uncertainty contributed to it.
have to salute the political strategy though!