Please clarify why this is acceptable while I got points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Oct 14, 2017
Messages
25,554
Reaction score
9,190
Hi there,

I seek to clarify why I got 6 points for the following offending posts whereas someone I reported got left off the hook. We both used the exact same word and in a very similiar manner.



ryMUo0v.png



q6zVmas.png
 

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,168
Reaction score
3,137
For further clarification, your earlier warning was due to that comment made on a sensitive topic. The combination makes it a concerning comment, and thus the warning.

By contrast, just making a swing at the weather is hardly offensive in nature.
This is why we've differentiated this here:-
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/help/vulgarities/

Ultimately, words are just... words.
The intention of use and the topic at hand can change the dynamics of a harmless word to be perceived as a harmful word.

Thank you.
 
Joined
Oct 14, 2017
Messages
25,554
Reaction score
9,190
Thanks for replying.

I understand where you're coming from but I wasn't taking a swing at the sensitive topic, whatever it may have been. In this context the word assumes the meaning of " what ", as it does in local Singaporean slang, which I'm sure you're aware of and which carries no harmful or malicious intent.
 

Dragon

*
Administrator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
37,621
Reaction score
1,552
It may feel harmless to you but it can be offensive to other concerned members. You could have said "why is there half day?" instead of using a vulgarity with your question like you did and give others the perception that they do not deserve the half day. Please be more mindful of your language when posting on our forums.

Thank you and have a good day. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top