Please recommend me a laptop

bucklau

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2014
Messages
50
Reaction score
8
Hi, I actually had my eyes on Aftershock's XG13 v2 as:

- within my budget ($1800++)
- good reviews from internet and friends
- able to customise (prefer windows 7 and i5)
- wanting to support a local brand

However, after thinking about it, I feel that the XG13 v2 could be too good for my needs as its graphic card is too good especially I am just an occasional gamer in dota2. I am going to study Information Systems in SMU this year thus I probably have even less time to play games due to the high school load. Therefore, I need some suggestions for an alternative if there is one that better suits my needs. (It will be a plus if windows 7 os is offered instead of 8.1). Thanks.
 

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2013
Messages
13,693
Reaction score
3,284
Lol just get la. I also going Smu this year. Soss. Aftershock more future proof
 

circus

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2013
Messages
60
Reaction score
2
Just get it.

I recently helped a biz owner get the xg17. It was mainly for Win 7 and the after sales service. Not going to be used for gaming.

If Win 7 is a must for you, you won't have many choices.

You might need to consider the laptop weight though?
 

daniel798

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2010
Messages
561
Reaction score
0
You could get a thinkpad t440s or t440p.(Depending if you need a better cpu)
It is a business class laptop so you will get better support and warranty. Further more, it is more durable than consumer class laptops.
You do not have to worry about the laptop spoiling in the middle of an important project as the repairs will be faster than a consumer laptop.
There are configurations that can come with a dedicated graphics card but the intel hd 4400 is sufficient for Dota 2.
It is also highly customisable and slightly lighter than the xg13.
 

P4P3RB4G

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2013
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
I am using xg13 v2 too and I like the performance and the battery life. The fan will shut down completely when doing word processing and surfing the net, very useful if you don't want people to stare at you in the middle of lecture hall.

You can ask Aftershock to include the system without any operating system and buy Windows 7 from the SLS. I believe Aftershock will be kind enough to help you install for you :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top