Please suggest a RC Helicopter

enewmen

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Hi all.

I wanted to get into RC helicopters, so I went to Toys-R-Us.
Well, they had toys. They all have counter rotating rotor blades, a gyroscope, and no tail-rotor - so they fly nothing like a real helicopter.

Please suggest a low-end electric "real" RC copter that flies and controls a little more like a real copter. This should at least give me another perspective on how the real copters fly.
(I'm also into hard-core flight/helicopter simulators to help prepare me for real flying lessons - not directly on topic).

After I crash the RC helicopter a few times and stop crashing, then I'll consider getting a really good one with a mini-turbine engine, etc).

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?
thanks!
 

enewmen

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2008
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
hey there,go for co-axial heli for a start as they are easy to control and not so twitchy. chances of crashes are lower and they are more fun.
check this out:
HK189 - 2.4G Scale Hughes 500 Police Coax Helicopter - M1

hope it helps

Thanks for the post!
The HK189 looks too easy because I'm looking for something to help me train to fly a real helicopter one day.
But since I have no experience at all, maybe the HK189 is a good place to start.
I'll also check other RC aviation at hubbyking.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top